No announcement yet.

Will trump make america great again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I'm sure there is cheating but is your claim the US is not involved in such cheating?

Your original claim already turned out to be false. Also, anyone who has met mathematics and science students from those far eastern countries can tell you from personal experience that they are superior to those here in the UK and I assume the US too. Their level of tecahing studying, especially that in S. Korea is far better than ours in teh western world.

Having said that, they also have 12+ hours of study per day and one of the highest rates of suicides among the 10-39 year range on the planet, so their obsession with facts and figures comes at the c ost of childhood. So there's a lot we can learn from them about school structure and motivation and there's a lot they can learn from us about balancing the life of a child.

The country doesn't select the individual students who are tested; instead, they provide a list of selective schools both private and public to the PISA test takers. Once PISA verifies and approves the list, they then provide the country with a sampling of schools they chose from the list to be tested.

Knowing the schools that will be tested, many countries begin the process of student transferring. Shanghai is notorious for this. They remove kids from the school who would hinder the test results and accept students who meet a given requirement. The US doesn't do this. We don't transfer kids out of schools because of academic achievement. Hell in some cases we have a hard time transferring them out due to discipline! Therefore yes, we test everyone, while other countries can be more selective with who they test.

As for your assertion that Korean kids are better again your assertiont is flawed. I taught in Seoul's public schools and private academies known as hagwons. I've met those kids, they're not any more intelligent.They're harder workers yes, but not any more intelligent.
    Last edited by JJRod; 01-22-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

america will be great once trump gets rid of the immigration problem

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        Those numbers aren't as accurate as you think.
        In the USA we test everyone, including many of our ESL, Special Education, and kids with leaning disabilities along with our general population. Places like China, Korea, Singapore who consistently rank at the top test only their top kids.
        America spends less on education than pretty much every 1st world country. Those are the countries ahead you.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          America spends less on education than pretty much every 1st world country. Those are the countries ahead you.
          Got some facts to back that up?

The great Jeb bush was correct in the presidential debate when he stated America is one of the top 5 spenders on education in the world.

More than france, britain, germany, etc.

I think it was like Luxembourg and Norway and 2 other small European countries that spent more.

Comment

trump said we spend too much on education forget it its fine what we need to focus on is china

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              Again ur watching too much cnn

Ur ignoring the fact that the US is going the wrong way under demorats

Yea america is still great

But not for too long if we continue being under globalist party

Ur ignoring the fact that our enemy outside loves to see us fall

United Nation is now controlled by countries who wants to see the West fall and Israel

And they did penitrated our system under Obamo

Making america great again means puting us back to the right track
              I don't like how weak obama ruined this country either.

But we are far from not great.

Make America great again implies we are no longer great.

Let's get back on the right track. Lol

Comment

Lol at watch cnn

I watch all the channels

I read as many different sources

I try to keep my dumbass somewhat informed

Don't wanna be some stooge that eats up lame lines like make America great again for no damn reason and without basis.

Ya know wat I be saying, brah?

Comment

Originally posted by KovalevGGG View Post
                  trump said we spend too much on education forget it its fine what we need to focus on is china
                  The money is there.

It's the ****ing teacher unions.

Break them and we fix the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    The money is there.

It's the ****ing teacher unions.

Break them and we fix the system.
                    exactly! **** those bastards

Comment

Originally posted by KovalevGGG View Post
                      exactly! **** those bastards
                      Teachers unions with lame teachers are like the Catholic Church with their child molester priests

I dunno how it is now but back when I was young I spent half my schooling in private schools.

The difference between non union private school teachers and union public school teachers was not even funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X