Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch that show The Man In The High Castle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch that show The Man In The High Castle?

I got a 30 day trial of amazon prime and planned on using it to finish Mr. Robot, but I found this show along the way and I really like it.

It's based on the book by Philip K. Dick. The setting is 1962 America, almost 20 years after WWII which was won by the Axis Powers. The US is split up into 3 sections. The Japanese occupied west coast, the Nazis occupy most of the midwest through the east coast, and a neutral zone in between them.

Not my favorite show of all time but I like it a lot more than I expected. I was a WWII buff in my late teens so seeing a Nazi occupied America is pretty surreal, and it seems like a fairly accurate depiction of what that may look like. It's a bit of a slow burner but it has good storylines and some great characters. Hot chicks but no nudity(sorry dudes).

It's got some odd ball sci fi elements that creep in that I'm not sure what to make of yet, but I'm still enjoying the ride. I have 4 episodes left of season 2 and still trying to figure out what's going on. Well anyway, I recommend it. Some of you might like it.

I tried to watch a few episodes but the show didn't pique my interest. Funny, I like that genre and it did nothing for me

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post

I got a 30 day trial of amazon prime and planned on using it to finish Mr. Robot, but I found this show along the way and I really like it.

It's based on the book by Philip K. Dick. The setting is 1962 America, almost 20 years after WWII which was won by the Axis Powers. The US is split up into 3 sections. The Japanese occupied west coast, the Nazis occupy most of the midwest through the east coast, and a neutral zone in between them.

Not my favorite show of all time but I like it a lot more than I expected. I was a WWII buff in my late teens so seeing a Nazi occupied America is pretty surreal, and it seems like a fairly accurate depiction of what that may look like. It's a bit of a slow burner but it has good storylines and some great characters. Hot chicks but no nudity(sorry dudes).

It's got some odd ball sci fi elements that creep in that I'm not sure what to make of yet, but I'm still enjoying the ride. I have 4 episodes left of season 2 and still trying to figure out what's going on. Well anyway, I recommend it. Some of you might like it.
      Who defeated the Nazis? Who dealt them a crushing blow?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Who defeated the Nazis? Who dealt them a crushing blow?
        The Russians. They get no mention in this fictional show. At least not yet anyway.

Comment

The Russians. They get no mention in this fictional show. At least not yet anyway.
          Gotcha. I recently learned about the crucial role Stalin and his folks played in the Nazis demise.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
            I tried to watch a few episodes but the show didn't pique my interest. Funny, I like that genre and it did nothing for me
            Yeah I'm sure if you didn't like it by then it probably doesn't have much to offer. There was a scene at the end of one of those early episodes that I thought was so laughably bad that I almost gave up entirely. I'm talking about the scene on the dam or bridge whatever it was.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure if you didn't like it by then it probably doesn't have much to offer. There was a scene at the end of one of those early episodes that I thought was so laughably bad that I almost gave up entirely. I'm talking about the scene on the dam or bridge whatever it was.
              I think I know which scene you are talking about, it doesn't help that aikido is bs. Show is ok in my opinion, seen both seasons, although I feel it could be a lot better given the material.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Gotcha. I recently learned about the crucial role Stalin and his folks played in the Nazis demise.
                Yep they were the ones to reach the capital before the western allies. The eastern front battles are probably the most brutal and deadliest of the whole war.

The Nazis were kicking some serious ass in the beginning and were very close to reaching Moscow but the tied turned and after losing the Stalingrad battle they were pretty much done. The Russian military was developed into a juggernaut and the Nazi military was spread thin and didn't have the men or resources to compete anymore.

It's too bad the A bomb was invented then because both the US and Russia were prime for a real battle for p4p #1 in the world. I'm kidding, but its fascinating to imagine considering we could never have that kind of war again in the nuclear age.

Comment

Yep they were the ones to reach the capital before the western allies. The eastern front battles are probably the most brutal and deadliest of the whole war.

The Nazis were kicking some serious ass in the beginning and were very close to reaching Moscow but the tied turned and after losing the Stalingrad battle they were pretty much done. The Russian military was developed into a juggernaut and the Nazi military was spread thin and didn't have the men or resources to compete anymore.

It's too bad the A bomb was invented then because both the US and Russia were prime for a real battle for p4p #1 in the world. I'm kidding, but its fascinating to imagine considering we could never have that kind of war again in the nuclear age.
                  I know. Growing up they always made it seem that USA was responsible for the demise of the Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                    I think I know which scene you are talking about, it doesn't help that aikido is bs. Show is ok in my opinion, seen both seasons, although I feel it could be a lot better given the material.
                    Haha yeah that's the one. I definitely see your point and I pretty much agree. I'm currently leaning at 7.5-8 but it definitely has/had potential for a 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X