No announcement yet.

Fidel Castro died aged 90

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I guess you use could but the assumption was that Cuba could have been a super power.
    Yep could have been but I'm not assuming it would have been a super power. Like you said there are many different factors that play into it but I still think Cuba could have been a stronger nation with a different leader but I don't know for certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
      Yep could have been but I'm not assuming it would have been a super power. Like you said there are many different factors that play into it but I still think Cuba could have been a stronger nation with a different leader but I don't know for certain.
      Half of the Cubans were illiterate under Batista. How do you become a super power when you don't even have enough water in the country to produce rice locally?

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        Half of the Cubans were illiterate under Batista. How do you become a super power when you don't even have enough water in the country to produce rice locally?
        Well I did say different leader and under Batista Cuba might have gotten a democracy and chance to vote on the countries leader but all this is guess work.

I'm not sure of the countries literacy rate then or now (and just I know according to the Cuban government Cuba is one of the literate Latin countries in the world) but the country was better off financially and had steady growth. Under Castro, the country has basically seen no growth in the last 60 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
          Well I did say different leader and under Batista Cuba might have gotten a democracy and chance to vote on the countries leader but all this is guess work.

I'm not sure of the countries literacy rate then or now (and just I know according to the Cuban government Cuba is one of the literate Latin countries in the world) but the country was better off financially and had steady growth. Under Castro, the country has basically seen no growth in the last 60 years.
          What?

Number 1 in education in all of Latin America and number 1 in healthcare again in all of Latin America.

This is as per World Bank.

As per UN in terms of human development index only Chile is ahead of Cuba in all of Latin America.

Comment

• :

Comment

Working...
            X