Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Jones: How Do I Explain This to My Children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    I hope you're right, and that he's not able to do what he promised.
    And what did he promise to do that you do not like? To come down on illegalimmigration, Vet Muslims from Syria before letting them in, put a tax on corporations who transport jobs to Mexico and China?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      I'm hurt man. I've literally been out of it all day. I wanted Bernie but **** dude, this is.............I never expected this.
      Bernie would have likely beaten Trump. Working class whites saw what they rightly or wrongly perceived as another corporate stooge and gave the proverbial "**** YOU" Michael Moore was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        And what did he promise to do that you do not like? To come down on illegalimmigration, Vet Muslims from Syria before letting them in, put a tax on corporations who transport jobs to Mexico and China?
        Well, each of these issues is vast, so let's see how I can address my concerns with them as briefly as possible.

Firstly, I believe that, beyond nationalities, we are all Earthlings. In other words, no groups of people should have the right to keep others in poverty by denying them access to economies. I believe there should be a world economy, where the billions of the rich are spread out in a way that millions of people don't starve to death every year. I'd call this a World Union. If we all work together (production and eventually, as even Obama has recognized, a set payment for all) there should be no reason for anyone to miss out on prosperity. Blocking others from a decent life merely because of where they were born isn't only racist, but also shortsighted.

It's funny that the President brought this up now, when so many people in this forum were laughing at me for having the idea in the first place. He, too, recognizes that eventually, because of elite greed and the rise of technology, there won't be jobs for anyone. We will have no choice but to establish an equal system where everyone, no matter what they work as or don't work as, is paid a fair amount. He knows it's coming.

What yesterday's vote has done is merely place a borderline genocidal band-aid on the inevitable. Dark times are coming.

Secondly, I have no issue with new citizens being vetted (to make sure they're not terrorists or serial killers), but placing a ban on Muslims is discriminatory/bigoted beyond belief. You can establish a fair process for admission, but we should never discriminate against others due to religious beliefs.

Thirdly, it is unfair, not only to Americans, but the entire world itself, how rich businessmen like Trump have replaced American jobs with slavery overseas. I have no issue with reining in this practice, but I seriously doubt Trump will do it. He's made his wealth doing this. Trump's promise is simply part of the lies used to pull off this victory. There may be superficial measures taken, but nothing substantial will be done. Rich men like him live off of slavery.

Last edited by SunSpace; 11-09-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

The winner today was America... Because we didn't elect Hillary.

Comment

Cry ass mother****er. What a baby.

Comment

Not all of them but let's remembers the deplorables among the Trump supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                Well, each of these issues is vast, so let's see how I can address my concerns with them as briefly as possible.

Firstly, I believe that, beyond nationalities, we are all Earthlings. In other words, no groups of people should have the right to keep others in poverty by denying them access to economies. I believe there should be a world economy, where the billions of the rich are spread out in a way that millions of people don't starve to death every year. I'd call this a World Union. If we all work together (production and eventually, as even Obama has recognized, a set payment for all) there should be no reason for anyone to miss out on prosperity. Blocking others from a decent life merely because of where they were born isn't only racist, but also shortsighted.

It's funny that the President brought this up now, when so many people in this forum were laughing at me for having the idea in the first place. He, too, recognizes that eventually, because of elite greed and the rise of technology, there won't be jobs for anyone. We will have no choice but to establish an equal system where everyone, no matter what they work as or don't work as, is paid a fair amount. He knows it's coming.

What yesterday's vote has done is merely place a borderline genocidal band-aid on the inevitable. Dark times are coming.

Secondly, I have no issue with new citizens being vetted (to make sure they're not terrorists or serial killers), but placing a ban on Muslims is discriminatory/bigoted beyond belief. You can establish a fair process for admission, but we should never discriminate against others due to religious beliefs.

Thirdly, it is unfair, not only to Americans, but the entire world itself, how rich businessmen like Trump have replaced American jobs with slavery overseas. I have no issue with reining in this practice, but I seriously doubt Trump will do it. He's made his wealth doing this. Trump's promise is simply part of the lies used to pull off this victory. There may be superficial measures taken, but nothing substantial will be done. Rich men like him live off of slavery.

Excellent point. No wonder they say we are each others alts because you said that perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Not all of them but let's remembers the deplorables among the Trump supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Do you agree or not?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Excellent point. No wonder they say we are each others alts because you said that perfectly.
                      Thank you; we're saying the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X