No announcement yet.

Are the Star Wars movies overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I was watching The Force Awakens today and it struck me that the rewatchability value of this film is really low. The choice to cast a Bringer-like emo as the villain was disastrous.

And going back through all the other movies in the franchise they are generally full of bad acting and weak storytelling.

How did the SW universe ever become so popular?
    yeah force awakens is overrated for sure. just think people were so desperate for it not to suck so they made it out to be better than it was. For me it was no better than revenge of the sith, worse if anything. So similar to a new hope. And rogue one looks **** to me, move on from the death star ffs, get some fresh ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah force awakens is overrated for sure. just think people were so desperate for it not to suck so they made it out to be better than it was. For me it was no better than revenge of the sith, worse if anything. So similar to a new hope. And rogue one looks **** to me, move on from the death star ffs, get some fresh ideas.
      I actually like Revenge of the Sith. The special effects were ****ing amazing and the story was pretty good as well.

Comment

They're solid especially for the time they came out. I liked 7 it wasn't bad. Def 100x better than episode 6

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          They're solid especially for the time they came out. I liked 7 it wasn't bad. Def 100x better than episode 6
          Episode 6 is Return of the Jedi..

Comment

that emo they casted as the new villian was a marine, IIRC.

i thought the new movie was very well done.

a new hope and the empire strikes back are classics. the falcon seems like a real place. the force seems like a real thing. luke and han, even chewie, seem like real people. that is not an accident. add in maybe the best original score ever, some of the greatest sets and costumes ever, another list of great things they did too long to mention, and you have a classic movie that has far transcended being just a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              And rogue one looks **** to me, move on from the death star ffs, get some fresh ideas.
              Yeah, it's like they keep rehashing the Death Star idea over and over.

A New Hope
              Return of the Jedi
              The Force Awakens (the planet destroying weapon is basically a Death Star in new clothing)
              Rogue One

It wasn't THAT great of a concept that you have to keep going back to the same well. Come up with something innovative.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                The choice to cast a Bringer-like emo as the villain was disastrous.
                LOL.

Yeah these movies sucked, so did Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that emo they casted as the new villian was a marine, IIRC.
                  Beercules was a Marine too. He's still beta as ****.

Comment

Never caught my attention. But SAA is definitely right

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Episode 6 is Return of the Jedi..
                      like i said.. ep 6 was garbage

Comment

Working...
                      X