No announcement yet.

To catch a predator is back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I always wondered about the luring issue and the validity of the so called offense. Since the so called victim does not even exist in reality if an actor of legal age is being used to lure someone...who might not otherwise act on impulse? Besides that...Chris Hansen is kind of creepy himself.
    He is pretty creepy, you right about that lol.

And you're right, from a legal standpoint there is no "victim" since the "child" was some random adult pretending to be underage.

Comment

I always wondered about the luring issue and the validity of the so called offense. Since the so called victim does not even exist in reality if an actor of legal age is being used to lure someone...who might not otherwise act on impulse? Besides that...Chris Hansen is kind of creepy himself.
      I am fine with the luring especially when the predators come well prepared for action. I am also fine with using a bait car to catch potential car thieves. It's a serious criminal offense people shouldn't even be joking about that online. Same way bombing and shooting jokes are taken serious in schools and airports.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        I am fine with the luring especially when the predators come well prepared for action. I am also fine with using a bait car to catch potential car thieves. It's a serious criminal offense people shouldn't even be joking about that online. Same way bombing and shooting jokes are taken serious in schools and airports.
        I love that baitcar show...

I hear they had to put a halt on the show because 95% of the perpetrators were black though. People complained.

Comment

You got any convicted child molester in the prison that you work at?
          Fcuk yeah. Tons of c****s

Comment

But the bait car just sits there like any other car on the street. Don't get me wrong...I'm all for putting away pedo's and probably most of the guys really are just that. But what about a border-line personality who has not ever followed through with anything and might never otherwise do so had he not been baited over an extended conversation? From a legal stand-point I'm not sure this is completely legal especially when there is no victim. Intent due to persuasion...IDK maybe but I think you are getting into a gray area?

Comment

But the bait car just sits there like any other car on the street. Don't get me wrong...I'm all for putting away pedo's and probably most of the guys really are just that. But what about a border-line personality who has not ever followed through with anything and might never otherwise do so had he not been baited over an extended conversation? From a legal stand-point I'm not sure this is completely legal especially when there is no victim. Intent due to persuasion...IDK maybe but I think you are getting into a gray area?
              Look up the guys they have been charged and when convicted will have to register as sex offenders. They is no question about the legality of what we are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                Fcuk yeah. Tons of c****s
                Yeah. Focus on that.

Comment

Yeah. Focus on that.
                  I have no idea what that means but they are housed in different units. They cannot be housed with GP inmates. It's called SNY (sensitive needs yard) but it used to be called PC (protective custody). I don't work SNY. Can't stand them.

Comment

I have no idea what that means but they are housed in different units. They cannot be housed with GP inmates. It's called SNY (sensitive needs yard) but it used to be called PC (protective custody). I don't work SNY. Can't stand them.
                    I see. What area do you work in?

Comment

These are what we in the biz call "c****s"

Comment

Working...
                      X