CPD recommends 8 cops fired over shooting of Laquan McDonald

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear.

Comment

when cops cross the line they need to start being charged as civvies. i'm also in favor of cameras on all cops at all times, and departments being held accountable when the cameras miraculously don't work during f#cking shootings.

if civvies got busted lying about a murder charge they'd be considered accessories. these cops, from the little information i have, helped weave a narrative that was false, and incriminated the kid who was killed. from what i'm hearing there is video that proves they were lying.

finally, investigations need to be launched into departments that have these kind of problems. 7 officers lied in an incident where a man was killed? this goes far beyond a single police shooting. there's an explicit culture of protecting other cops when there's wrongdoing. you need to work from the brass down to address that.

i'm of the belief that all interactiosn between police and civvies, as well as all police training and work should be recorded and made public. blur faces, etc, but keep the guys who carry guns [and disproportionately shoot poor and black people,] and have been endowed with the right to use them accountable.

Comment

if you read the article it was almost certainly a suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          dont be so naive, black people dont hang themselves, its in their genes they cant its like rabid people with water

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            I believe it was suicide the first time the story broke on local news but when people believe in conspiracy theories the official report from a Black mayor was not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              had Laquan lived, what value would he have provided this world?

cops losing their jobs for improving society. the west is becoming counterintuitive which will be our eventual downfall.
              Not a god damn thing but it doesn't matter.

The cops became criminals when they decided to hide evidence and lie.

They probably wouldn't of got in any trouble had they told the truth. I didn't think the shooting was unjustified.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                I'm sure most of them would be happy to get out of Chicago lol

In this case it's kind of a grey area. I know they were wrong but on the other hand they need to do something to at least slow down the violence in Chicago even if it means extreme measures. I do not condone shooting innocent people but they definitely need to crack down in other ways. Somehow someway. It's amazing people even still live in that city.
                You ever been in Chicago

Comment

Working...
                X