No announcement yet.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    The feds would be wise to pursue the other charges like money laundering if they're seeking a serious conviction.
    After the Kim.com fiasco I doubt that they will made the same mistakes, which is probably why they went looking for other illegal activity.

They went hard after fat boy, and he chewed then up, Kim is a A+ troll. FBI threw everything they had at him. When they raided him, you Would of thought they were raiding scarface.

Comment

putin needs to start hosting these illegal torrent sites.

you already went after the j oligarchy in your country, why stop there?

hit em where it hurts, let pirates be pirates putin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        After the Kim.com fiasco I doubt that they will made the same mistakes, which is probably why they went looking for other illegal activity.

They went hard after fat boy, and he chewed then up, Kim is a A+ troll. FBI threw everything they had at him. When they raided him, you Would of thought they were raiding scarface.
        I can't hate on Kim Dotcom at all : Dude is an outspoken advocate against domestic surveillance and in favor of net neutrality while living a baller life filled with sports cars, mansions, helicopters, and women we could only dream of having sex with despite the fact that he's morbidly obese and plays Halo frequently enough to be one of the best players in the world at it.

Comment

Stealing is stealing. If you use Torrents to download anything with a copyright, you have stolen something.

Obviously there are many legal loopholes for this guy to get out of going to prison. At the end of the day the end user (downloader) is the thief.

Comment

When are they going to arrest the CEO of Sony for making this ?

My dad is a filmmaker and he says the whole industry is stuck in the 80s as far as distribution goes.

He says movies should be released in all forms of media on the same day and there should be a Spotify style membership where you can stream any show and revenue is shared based on views.

The and movie and music industry is very corrupt and the big studios run everything it's almost impossible to get independent or small label stuff out there, that's half the reason the big studios don't like file sharing because they can't control what gets distributed.

99% of musicians would love to have 1000s of people download their music for free.

The amount of money lost is massively exaggerated also. just because you download something doesn't mean you would have paid for it if you couldn't dl it.

Comment

god damn it. i just started downloading shit.

where the fuck am i going to download now?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                god damn it. i just started downloading shit.

where the fuck am i going to download now?
                site is still alive.

just not under the known domain names...

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  He says movies should be released in all forms of media on the same day and there should be a Spotify style membership where you can stream any show and revenue is shared based on views.

The and movie and music industry is very corrupt and the big studios run everything it's almost impossible to get independent or small label stuff out there, that's half the reason the big studios don't like file sharing because they can't control what gets distributed.
                  I agree with the first point, wholeheartedly. I can't wait for the day that I could buy a movie the day it's released.

Second point, is a bit misguided. It's actually very easy to get "independent or small label stuff out there." YouTube is one example. The hard part is generating revenue from it. Distributing it to the public is actually very easy these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    site is still alive.

just not under the known domain names...
                    ya got links?

Comment

ive noticed putlocker has been closed down too

Comment

Working...
                      X