No announcement yet.

Is this police brutality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this police brutality?

The guy was on the ground, no weapon and they set the dog on him.

If he was black this would be on national media.

Comment

The man didnt resist arrest unless there's more we were not shown. The dog probably just made sure he didnt go anywhere. There's a reason why the video was shorterned to only 25 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        The man didnt resist arrest unless there's more we were not shown. The dog probably just made sure he didnt go anywhere. There's a reason why the video was shorterned to only 25 seconds.
        I'm friends with a K9 dog trainer and I've seen what a dog attack can do. There was no reason to set the dog loose on him like that when he wasn't being a threat. He was on the ground laying down and now he's going to have permanent wounds and scars not to mention a world of pain.

That was absolute police brutality. It could have been worse and nobody stopped the dog from ripping him up.

He was surrounded by police and he was laying down on the ground. If this was a black man the BLM would have a field day.

Comment

Imagine this with hundreds of pounds of bite force tearing side to side ripping apart your flesh.

Comment

I think the fact he's in the middle of the road with a dog on him surrounded by cops with sirens blaring suggest there was a chase and the suspect didn't get a dog on him til he was mid fleeing. At that point your fair game for a dog biting your ass I feel. Anyone fleeing as a suspect of a crime shouldn't be surprised at getting a physical injury short of a gun shot.

If getting attacked by a dog while fleeing is brutal is a fair question I just come down on the side of dogs, tasers and asswhippings are fair play if you run or fight.

Now if this cat wasn't running then it's bs that he got a dog put on him for ****s and giggles by a cop and that cop needs to be gone and/or locked up for awhile.

Comment

Dont know the whole story

But video title says it was a chase and ended with an accident

Dog made sure his arse wont try anything new

Comment

There were multiple cops surrounding an unarmed man who just let a trained attack dog chomp away at him. Seems like police brutality to me.

Comment

i don't think dogs should be used for policework outside of using hteir noses. they're just not capable of rational thought. dogs are trained to take people down and attack by playing games. they really don't reason. they just do what they're told... sort of. anybody who has been around dogs knows that there's no amount of calling that's going to get a driven dog in that situation to stop right away, every time. that's not how dogs work.

that said, i need to know more about what was goingon. one of the failures of all of this scrutiny of the police is people like you and me thinkgin we're fit tp tell the entire story after seeing a short video clip. what did he do? did he have a gun?

another failure of all of this, and this is really somethingi think we're goign tos ee changing soon, cops are given far too much leeway in determining what is a threat, and how threatening it is. there needs to be an objective criteria set, and the people investigating need to be federal en****** separate from law enforcement. there should be local investigations, conducted by independent, local bodies with federal money and oversight.
                  Last edited by New England; 07-20-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Kinda hard to know everything with only a 30 sec video but he doesn't seem to be a threat to anyone. Unfortunately this goes on quite frequently.

Comment

Working...
                    X