Collapse
No announcement yet.

I rap on acid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esham was actually a big influence on early Eminem. He even got a name mention of the Slim Shady LP. "I'm a cross between Manson, Esham, and Ozzy".

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Esham was actually a big influence on early Eminem. He even got a name mention of the Slim Shady LP. "I'm a cross between Manson, Esham, and Ozzy".
      Right and don't forget before Kid Rock sold out by creating some country /rock/rap persona, he started out as a gangsta rapper and Esham showed him the ropes for several years, letting him open shows for him, go on tour, etc.

Obviously ICP was heavily influenced by Esham, even painting their faces after Esham did it for a cover:

Esham did way too much drugs and kinda fried his brain to the point where he fell off while all these other guys he influenced made it mainstream, but he was having double Cd's as a teenager long before anyone else in Detroit was making it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Right and don't forget before Kid Rock sold out by creating some country /rock/rap persona, he started out as a gangsta rapper and Esham showed him the ropes for several years, letting him open shows for him, go on tour, etc.

Obviously ICP was heavily influenced by Esham, even painting their faces after Esham did it for a cover:

Esham did way too much drugs and kinda fried his brain to the point where he fell off while all these other guys he influenced made it mainstream, but he was having double Cd's as a teenager long before anyone else in Detroit was making it.
        My all time favorite rappers growing up from like 11-16 were Eminem, Esham, Brotha Lynch, Big L. Those were the guys that got me into rap. Of course Atmosphere as well, my all time favorite music artist. But strictly hip hop acts I ****ed with heavily were those guys.

But Esham got mad weak when he went with that ICP garbage lol But Esham from the 90's was ill as ****. KKKill the Fetus is a classic acid rap album. He's released some better stuff since he left that garbage label. Sacrificial Lambz was cool. Suspended Animation was iiiight.

But Esham from the 90's was one of the things that got me into rap. I used to play KKKill the Fetus, Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous, SSLP, MMLP, 24 Deep, Season of Da Siccness religiously.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          My all time favorite rappers growing up from like 11-16 were Eminem, Esham, Brotha Lynch, Big L. Those were the guys that got me into rap. Of course Atmosphere as well, my all time favorite music artist. But strictly hip hop acts I ****ed with heavily were those guys.

But Esham got mad weak when he went with that ICP garbage lol But Esham from the 90's was ill as ****. KKKill the Fetus is a classic acid rap album. He's released some better stuff since he left that garbage label. Sacrificial Lambz was cool. Suspended Animation was iiiight.

But Esham from the 90's was one of the things that got me into rap. I used to play KKKill the Fetus, Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous, SSLP, MMLP, 24 Deep, Season of Da Siccness religiously.
          Yeah he had to do the ICP thing after his record company fell threw when his big bro James Smith went to prison for a long while and ICP gave him a generous offer to sign so it what is, a man's got to eat. We've seen other big names do similar stuff tech n9ne, and et al who worked with ICP.

Every once in a while he'll drop some cool stuff but his mind is scattered all over the place, hasn't been that same since a little after James Smith went away.

Esham , Gangsta Nip, X-Raided, Lynch, Triple Six Mafia, Gangsta Dre, C-Bo, Hollow Tip, Gangsta Pat, C.I.N, Andre Nickatina, etc etc that's what I grew up on

Comment

Working...
          X