Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are IQ tests an accurate way to gauge a person's intelligence? And what is your IQ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    Here we go again. Another IQ dick measuring thread. WE already had one of these. Look it up.

And no it means nothing. The person who is finishing K through 12 early and doing other extraordinary things, it's a foregone conclusion that they're smart and attaching an IQ number to that is pointless. They've proven they're smart.

5 years ago, I would have said that your average poster on here is above average in the intelligence dept,(not smart enough to achieve anything great but smarter than your average imbecile). as most of the twits that I know in my daily life don't partake in any online forum on a regular basis. But not even that isn't a safe statement.

WE've got a bunch of short attention span, texting-like-a-teenage-girl-who-gets-100's-of-c0ck-offerings on a daily type of posters in here, who are more suited for Twitter than a message board.
    Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that. Your GF is smart enough to want to get impregnated by a 6'5 Alpha c0ck. It's her biological imperative. You're just around for "teh intellectual conversations".
    In the words of bringers parody account, the **** are you talking about? Rambling senile homeless man pops outta the bushes.

Go take your vitamins and watch the 10 'o clock news, old man.

Comment

This dude thinks an IQ is like a high score on space shooter.

Comment

We could have a broader discussion on how to define intelligence; certainly a test on logical thinking /memorizing won't suffice, earning a high score. Researchers agree that measuring and evaluating human intelligence can be approaches on different levels and include several variables...

Intelligence is defined as general cognitive problem-solving skills. A mental ability involved in reasoning, perceiving relationships and analogies, calculating, learning quickly… etc. Earlier it was believed that there was one underlying general factor at the intelligence base (the g-factor), but later psychologists maintained that it is more complicated and could not be determined by such a simplistic method. Some psychologists have divided intelligence into subcategories. For example Howard Gardner maintained that it is comprised of seven components: musical, bodily-kinesthetic, logical-mathematical, linguistic, spatial, interpersonal, and intrapersonal. Other definitions are: Intelligence is what you do when you don't know what to do. Intelligence is a hypothetical idea which we have defined as being reflected by certain types of behavior.
        http://www.brainmetrix.com/intelligence-definition/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          I just took an IQ test and here are my results. I'm not trying to showoff or anything. I know there are many people with higher IQ's than mine. I was just curious so I took the test.

Anyway, are IQ tests a good indicator of one's intelligence? Please post and discuss.

This is where I took my IQ test btw if you wanted to take the test. There's only 20 questions.

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

IQ test on line are fake and made to make people have high scores in order to sell.

An average idiot will have 130 while only 3% of the population are above 130 on a real test.

A real IQ test mainly has to be WAIS 4, done with a professional.

It's a scale created as 100 being the average, so, 50% of the population are under 100, only 50% above.

I even think REAL (non internet) IQ tests aren't accurate, you can separate idiots from some kind of Genius but that's it.

Human's intelligence is too elaborated and complex to get accurately gauged in 3 hours.

Plus, there is a part of the test with questions related to verbal understanding wich is really subjective.

Sorry for my average (somehow broken) English, hope I was clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            I found a video on him. Check it out.

"I pee sitting down..."

this *****'s i.q is 198 but what the **** has he accomplished?

What great contribution to humanity has he given?

Comment

Originally posted by !BEAST View Post
              this *****'s i.q is 198 but what the **** has he accomplished?

What great contribution to humanity has he given?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                I just took an IQ test and here are my results. I'm not trying to showoff or anything. I know there are many people with higher IQ's than mine. I was just curious so I took the test.

Anyway, are IQ tests a good indicator of one's intelligence? Please post and discuss.

This is where I took my IQ test btw if you wanted to take the test. There's only 20 questions.

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...1#post16409105

IQ Test
                IQ Test
                Last edited by MDPopescu; 06-14-2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I scored a 145 or something, and I'm drunk and was listening to a TV show in another tab and didn't even know there was a timer. Those questions were easy as hell.

Punchr probably played this game all week, and that was his high score, which he wanted to post for everyone to see.

Comment

As a lot of posters have already said, those online IQ tests are fake. And even if you did pay for a real one, it's still not a complete look at intelligence. How can you put a number on something as complex and vast as "intelligence" anyways? We've only stratched the surface of the brain and what it's capible of. There's so much that we still don't understand about the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I scored a 145 or something, and I'm drunk and was listening to a TV show in another tab and didn't even know there was a timer. Those questions were easy as hell.

Punchr probably played this game all week, and that was his high score, which he wanted to post for everyone to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X