Microsoft pays $26.2 billion to fully acquire LinkedIn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Yeah why did they offer so much?

evidently they're expecting to bring in a lot of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
      linkedin is for nerds who open a paypal account and are selling t-shirts online so they can brag how they are a "CEO" and a "Entrepreneur" lmfao.

They should have bought model Mayhem that has 20x the value of linkedin.
      Most of the people I see on LinkedIn have a bunch of made up B.S.as their info.
      Some never worked for us.
      Didn't have the position they claimed.
      Say they did things they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        evidently they're expecting to bring in a lot of revenue.

I wonder how though? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

I wonder how though? I guess we will just have to wait and see.
          Not sure but does linkedin charge a fee for membership or have a premium membership? if no, maybe thats one of the ways, or by posting ads on their and getting paid that way.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Not sure but does linkedin charge a fee for membership or have a premium membership? if no, maybe thats one of the ways, or by posting ads on their and getting paid that way.
            I don't think so. It's free

Comment

This is a horrible deal for Microsoft...

LinkedIn really has never been able to fully monetize their services.. And very few people actually use it on a regular basis..

Unless they create some sort of "Craigslist employment ads" component for networking professionals

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                This is a horrible deal for Microsoft...

LinkedIn really has never been able to fully monetize their services.. And very few people actually use it on a regular basis..

Unless they create some sort of "Craigslist employment ads" component for networking professionals
                Yeah im trying to think of how they are going to earn that money back. They paid over 20 times its worth. They are probably going to charge companies fees, take in advertising, charge a listing fee, directory fee. it still doesn't add up, it seems like it would take them 20 years to make back 20 billion.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Yeah im trying to think of how they are going to earn that money back. They paid over 20 times its worth. They are probably going to charge companies fees, take in advertising, charge a listing fee, directory fee. it still doesn't add up, it seems like it would take them 20 years to make back 20 billion.
                  It will end up like twitter. linkedin has an extremely unstable share price. I'm sure that microsoft ****ed up big time.

Comment

Yeah why did they offer so much?
                    Often times purchasing a company comes with expensive patents. If Microsoft wanted certain patents LinkedIn owned, they would pay quite a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Often times purchasing a company comes with expensive patents. If Microsoft wanted certain patents LinkedIn owned, they would pay quite a bit more.
                      Also they have 400 million members but only 100 million are active.

and its global, im thinking microsoft is thinking on a global level, I can see now why they invested so big.

I think you are right, Linkedin made some big purchases recently and patents.

Acquisitions

In July 2012, LinkedIn acquired 15 key Digg patents for $4 million including a "click a button to vote up a story" patent.[41]
                      Number Acquisition date Company Business Country Price Description Ref.
                      1 August 4, 2010 mspoke Adaptive personalization of content USA $0.6 million[42] LinkedIn Recommendations [43]
                      2 September 23, 2010 ChoiceVendor Social B2B Reviews USA $3.9 million[44] Rate and review B2B service providers [45]
                      3 January 26, 2011 CardMunch Social Contacts USA $1.7 million[42] Scan and import business cards [46]
                      4 October 5, 2011 Connected Social CRM USA - LinkedIn Connected [47]
                      5 October 11, 2011 IndexTank Social search USA - LinkedIn Search [48]
                      6 February 22, 2012 Rapportive Social Contacts USA $15 million[49] - [50]
                      7 May 3, 2012 SlideShare Social Content USA $119 million Give LinkedIn members a way to discover people through content [51]
                      8 April 11, 2013 Pulse Web / Mobile newsreader USA $90 million Definitive professional publishing platform [52]
                      9 February 6, 2014 Bright Job Matching USA $120 million [53]
                      10 July 14, 2014 Newsle Web application USA - Allows users to follow real news about their Facebook friends, LinkedIn contacts, and public figures. [54]
                      11 July 22, 2014 Bizo Web application USA $175 million Helps advertisers reach businesses and professionals [55]
                      12 March 16, 2015 Careerify Web application Canada - Helps businesses hire people using social media [56]
                      13 April 2, 2015 Refresh.io Web application USA - Surfaces insights about people in your networks right before you meet them [57]
                      14 April 9, 2015 Lynda.com eLearning USA $1.5 billion[58] Lets users learn business, technology, software, and creative skills through videos [59]
                      15 August 28, 2015 Fliptop Predictive Sales and Marketing Firm USA - Using data science to help companies close more sales [60]
                      16 February 4, 2016 Connectifier Web application USA - Helps companies with their recruiting [61]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
                      X