Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did this thread get closed??? And how were the rules broken??? (read)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Why did this thread get closed??

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=714169

Where did he break any rules and why censor him? And don't say Oh, because he posts news articles with blacks. Well that means you would also have to close threads with news articles where whites do crimes as well. And you can't assume, saying We know what he is doing. That is pure garbage. Let the man post what he wants; I never seen Hectari post any racial slurs or racism toward anyone.

It makes no sense. This place is moderated like a Chinese fire drill sometimes -- so arbitrary man. If you are gonna close a thread because the perp happens to be black that shows bias and a censorship agenda. That would mean if anyone posts a thread of a crime and it happens to be whites, those threads should be closed too. You can't have it one way over the other. You have to be fair.

You can say what you want but Hectari isn't the one who committed the crime in the article. Let him post news. If others act racist in the comments that's on them. But why police and censor him for just posting a news article with a black criminal? I bet you if he posted nothing but crimes by whites you wouldn't close those.

C'mon you have to be fair.
    Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    C'mon punch. You know why it was closed. If hectari was posting crimes committed by other races he would be viewed as fair but it's only crimes committed by blacks.
    Nah, the question is a valid one.

My thread got closed and I was banned for a week for asking a pretty good question about prison demographic statistics, haven't bothered PMing a mod about it as I usually would, but there was no reason to delete the thread or ban me imo.

Just becuse race/color is part of a topic doesn't make the topic racist, or bait.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Just becuse race/color is part of a topic doesn't make the topic racist, or bait.[/COLOR][/FONT]
      Most of the time it is doe.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
        This has turned into a Thunderdome thread with the free for all..

I could jump in, throw some (David, fat gfy) Hayemakers at BostonGuy & Bringer... But I value my ability to post
        You can throw whatever you want at me. Though I'll warn you that the return fire will be disappointing. It's nothing personal. It's just that I quite literally have no ****ing idea who you even are other than a dude who had a red bar that me and Boston gave green to to help out once.

I only mod Team Classic these days and, as a result, I have no ability to ban anybody.

Which makes it all the more hilarious when people around here still blame me for this, that, and the other thing. Thread deleted? It was me. User banned? It was me. Thread locked? It was me. Other mods did those things? I must've told them to. Spyware on your computer from our shady advertising practices? Obviously me.

I've gotten under their skin so badly that they continue to blame me for their boxingscene woes 3 years after I voluntarily left my post as lounge mod.

I should be paying these guys rent money every month for the amount of space I occupy in their brains.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          You can throw whatever you want at me. Though I'll warn you that the return fire will be disappointing. It's nothing personal. It's just that I quite literally have no ****ing idea who you even are other than a dude who had a red bar that me and Boston gave green to to help out once.

I only mod Team Classic these days and, as a result, I have no ability to ban anybody.

Which makes it all the more hilarious when people around here still blame me for this, that, and the other thing. Thread deleted? It was me. User banned? It was me. Thread locked? It was me. Other mods did those things? I must've told them to. Spyware on your computer from our shady advertising practices? Obviously me.

I've gotten under their skin so badly that they continue to blame me for their boxingscene woes 3 years after I voluntarily left my post as lounge mod.

I should be paying these guys rent money every month for the amount of space I occupy in their brains.
          I'd been here a pretty long time but under a different guise.. And I'll keep that information to myself.

To be fair, it doesn't bother me whatever color my bar was. I still have the ability to type, don't I? It's a shame that Anorak has the skin though.

See, what I've seen all over time from you, especially now that I've debated you a hell of a lot more than what I used to, is that you are a huge hypocrite... But hey, surface...

*and also, what I know about the BMan, he's probably the one who took it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
            Most of the time it is doe.
            No, I would say that's false.

And good luck proving otherwise. Especially with my content.

Race can be discussed without it being hate infused.

Comment

They close and delete threads all the time without giving reasons, get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
                I'd been here a pretty long time but under a different guise.. And I'll keep that information to myself.

To be fair, it doesn't bother me whatever color my bar was. I still have the ability to type, don't I? It's a shame that Anorak has the skin though.

See, what I've seen all over time from you, especially now that I've debated you a hell of a lot more than what I used to, is that you are a huge hypocrite... But hey, surface...

*and also, what I know about the BMan, he's probably the one who took it down.
                You don't think I'm naive enough to have thought you were a new account, do you? I assumed you were somebody I've conversed with in the past. Probably somebody I disagreed with pretty regularly. The thing is I have no way of identifying who you are and if you're not going to offer that information then I really can't be bothered with a discussion with what amounts to an internet phantom.

Hypocritical? I don't think so. My logic since day one in joining this forum has been pretty consistent. You can find posts from me from 2007 or 2008 where I voice the same views I'm voicing today, though you'll have to dig though thousands of NSB posts to find them because I was far more active there during that time.

I've just become a bit more of a sarcastic prick in my approach due to burnout from having to deal with the same idiots saying the same things over and over and over again. I could easily temper my approach on these issues and be more diplomatic or centrist (and I am in real life) but it wouldn't make any difference due to my detractors on the opposite side being such pathetic creeps that they haven't been able to stop talking about me despite me taking a vacation for over 1,000 days.

As for the karma - I lost infinite karma power for that kind of **** when I was a mod. I was big up'ing all of the lounge regulars when I had it for fun (ask MAK, Sweet Pea 50, Chief, TBear, Abosworth, Battling Nelson, or anybody else really), but then I hit one dumb NSB'er for creating a **** thread (think it was the 47,000th Floyd/Manny thread) and turned him red and he ran and cried to Boston and/or REED about it. Then I got a huge lecture on not abusing the power of infinite karma and how it had to be taken away from me because I hadn't shown it proper respect or some such ****.

It was even more ******ed than it sounds.

Comment

If the same topic threads keep closing, chose a different subject. Makes the lounge suck when you guys do the same thread over and over anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    You don't think I'm naive enough to have thought you were a new account, do you? I assumed you were somebody I've conversed with in the past. Probably somebody I disagreed with pretty regularly. The thing is I have no way of identifying who you are and if you're not going to offer that information then I really can't be bothered with a discussion with what amounts to an internet phantom.

Hypocritical? I don't think so. My logic since day one in joining this forum has been pretty consistent. You can find posts from me from 2007 or 2008 where I voice the same views I'm voicing today, though you'll have to dig though thousands of NSB posts to find them because I was far more active there during that time.

I've just become a bit more of a sarcastic prick in my approach due to burnout from having to deal with the same idiots saying the same things over and over and over again. I could easily temper my approach on these issues and be more diplomatic or centrist (and I am in real life) but it wouldn't make any difference due to my detractors on the opposite side being such pathetic creeps that they haven't been able to stop talking about me despite me taking a vacation for over 1,000 days.

As for the karma - I lost infinite karma power for that kind of **** when I was a mod. I was big up'ing all of the lounge regulars when I had it for fun (ask MAK, Sweet Pea 50, Chief, TBear, Abosworth, Battling Nelson, or anybody else really), but then I hit one dumb NSB'er for creating a **** thread (think it was the 47,000th Floyd/Manny thread) and turned him red and he ran and cried to Boston and/or REED about it. Then I got a huge lecture on not abusing the power of infinite karma and how it had to be taken away from me because I hadn't shown it proper respect or some such ****.

It was even more ******ed than it sounds.
                    If only..

See that your logic and conclusion may not seem hypocritical to you, but can easily be seen pointed out by others because they are not you on the other side of the point. Bias and ignorance is something we all have..

Ehh, the underlying prick is something that has always been there

I could totally see why someone would cry to a mod because they had been given green by 100 different posters, but one red from big bad Branger and their whole reputation is gone. That's not me, but I can see..

Comment

Whoever closed it is a BLM, SJW loving Muslim who has ties to the gay community.

Comment

Working...
                      X