No announcement yet.

Man arrested at L.A. Gay Pride Parade with 3 assault rifles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
    Nah brah you're thinking of a fully automatic weapon. A semi automatic you have to pull the trigger each time you shoot a fully automatic you pull it and shoot as many as you want very rapidly
    Right....I can pull the trigger 10 times in approximately 1.5 or 2.0 seconds at a fairly slow pace. I mean it's not "slow" but compared to the gun's capacity, it's not pressing the gun or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Right....I can pull the trigger 10 times in approximately 1.5 or 2.0 seconds at a fairly slow pace. I mean it's not "slow" but compared to the gun's capacity, it's not pressing the gun or anything.
      Yes that's correct. It was a semi automatic used in the shooting.

RIP to the victims. Super stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        LOL, alright, we've got it all under control. Ban the guns and the world is all smiles and kisses.
        Again with the misconstruing of stricter gun control reforms and an outright gun ban.

Don't you ever get tired of confusing the issues all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          On a surface level, I see much more wrong with the party that claims to support our troops but wants boots on the ground again in the middle east.

The party that denies the consensus that has existed among scientific experts regarding climate change for the last 15 years.

The party that marches in opposition towards religious extremism when they openly court radical evangelical voters.

The party that condemns every muslim that goes on a murder spree as a terrorist, but dismisses white terrorists as being mentally ill.

The party that diverts attention of spree shootings from sensible gun control measures to putting more emphasis on mental health issues and then votes against every major bill that would've increased those same mental health measures.

The party that labelled people like me who were vocal in their opposition to the Iraq war as being unpatriotic and not supportive of our troops during the Bush administration, but now openly claims that the country has gone to **** since electing a black man as President.

The party that called the relaxation of pollution laws and regulations the "clean air act".

The party that claims to be pro-life but happily endorses the act of state-sanctioned murder.

The party that demonizes poor Americans who rely on social safety nets for basic survival as "welfare queens" and stereotypes them all as illegal aliens (who can't qualify for those benefits) and minorities when the vast majority of them are white people in Republican states.

The party that victimizes themselves at every opportunity ("the war on Christmas", the war on guns, the war on the right to discriminate who you do business with based upon their sexual orientation AKA "religious freedoms", etc...) but then accuses the opposition of doing the same.

But I digress...

I don't eat cake.
          I could argue every point and bastardize the left, but I'll only address two because I'm too tired from work today...

1. I'm about as far-left regarding war as you, Obama, & Carter combined. Like I said, overall I'm an independant, and on war, I'm very against it.
          2. I also dislike cake, but you can't admit that it isn't a great dessert. I'm not asking you, I'm asking as a general consensus

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
            I could argue every point and bastardize the left, but I'll only address two because I'm too tired from work today...

1. I'm about as far-left regarding war as you, Obama, & Carter combined. Like I said, overall I'm an independant, and on war, I'm very against it.
            2. I also dislike cake, but you can't admit that it isn't a great dessert. I'm not asking you, I'm asking as a general consensus
            Cake is good like motherfucker.

But not all cakes are equal.

Comment

NRA people annoy me too but the "AR" in AR 15 stands for armalight rifle. Like an AK 47 would be an assault rifle cause it's fully automatic
              All your doing is changing the spring from my understanding. Otherwise the AR 15 is a military grade weapon. I have friends with AK-47s too, they just don't have the spring action for it to automatic because it's illegal in ny.

In other states the spring to go fully automatic is legal. So if you really wanted to risk it, you can easily get the spring and change your semi into a fully automatic.

It still operates as an assault rifle though, just not fully automatic. You almost never use assault rifles in fully automatic like in the movies anyway.

You can still burn through rounds plenty fast with semi auto AR-15 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                All your doing is changing the spring from my understanding. Otherwise the AR 15 is a military grade weapon. I have friends with AK-47s too, they just don't have the spring action for it to automatic because it's illegal in ny.

In other states the spring to go fully automatic is legal. So if you really wanted to risk it, you can easily get the spring and change your semi into a fully automatic.

It still operates as an assault rifle though, just not fully automatic. You almost never use assault rifles in fully automatic like in the movies anyway.

You can still burn through rounds plenty fast with semi auto AR-15 anyway.
                True true. Green K Sent. I think some of the problem is the magazine which can hold like 30 rounds. Cause you can buy a hunting rifle in the same caliber and have single shot,semi automatic,bolt,lever action and they hold way less bullets you can't do as much damage as fast. Hunting rifles are cool with me tho cause I like to be able to drive around and not hit a ****ing deer every ****ing time I drive.

That's my understanding at least but I'm not a gun expert. Guns scare me to be honest but I'm cool with hunting rifles but I don't particularly like AR's. I mean you can hunt with them but not as many people do from my understanding. I don't really like pistols either even tho I have one. I've never shot it tho. My grandma gave it to me cause my grandpa is old and he'll probably ****ing accidentally shot something. Pistols make up 85% of murders. I'd be cool with no AR's and pistols but again people do use them for self defense so it is murky. I'm not sure how many murders are by legally bought guns and illegally obtained guns.

Comment

True true. Green K Sent. I think some of the problem is the magazine which can hold like 30 rounds. Cause you can buy a hunting rifle in the same caliber and have single shot,semi automatic,bolt,lever action and they hold way less bullets you can't do as much damage as fast. Hunting rifles are cool with me tho cause I like to be able to drive around and not hit a ****ing deer every ****ing time I drive.

That's my understanding at least but I'm not a gun expert. Guns scare me to be honest but I'm cool with hunting rifles but I don't particularly like AR's. I mean you can hunt with them but not as many people do from my understanding. I don't really like pistols either even tho I have one. I've never shot it tho. My grandma gave it to me cause my grandpa is old and he'll probably ****ing accidentally shot something. Pistols make up 85% of murders. I'd be cool with no AR's and pistols but again people do use them for self defense so it is murky. I'm not sure how many murders are by legally bought guns and illegally obtained guns.
                  Yeah, and you can fire off 30 rounds in 10-15 seconds EASILY with an AR-15.

For people to say they aren't assault rifles based on some technicality is ridiculous. Put me on a battlefield and I'd take a semi automatic AR-15 over most fully automatic AK-47s all day.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Yeah, and you can fire off 30 rounds in 10-15 seconds EASILY with an AR-15.

For people to say they aren't assault rifles based on some technicality is ridiculous. Put me on a battlefield and I'd take a semi automatic AR-15 over most fully automatic AK-47s all day.
                    Me too. I think they aren't called assault rifles because they aren't fully auto. Obviously they can still do massive damage very quickly. But I understand what you're saying.

An AK isn't near as accurate at range but they are very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                      Another massacre in the name of ISIS and you guys wanna argue semantics. I don't know if he grew up Muslim or was Muslim but it doesn't matter. Who did he pledge allegiance to as he was murdering 50 innocent people?
                      ? What are you talking about? This guy who was ARRESTED wasn't a Muslim, didn't even claim to be a Muslim? I think you're getting confused with the guy from the nightclub killings. This thread is about the man who was arrested.

Keep up.

Comment

Working...
                      X