No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at gay club in Orlando, Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
    Japan has stricter gun control than Aus.
    Your point being?

Australia was cited, and I rebutted that. Stay on topic please.

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
    To say that gun control doesn't work, and that it's useless because it's not 100% effective is just about the most disingenuous crap I've ever heard.
    It doesn't work. Ever notice the American cities with the toughest gun laws have the most violence? It's not rocket science to figure it out.

The only thing disarming the populace does is embolden criminals, as happened in Australia, and gives oppressive governments the ability to take away civil rights without repercussion. No dictator has ever ruled over an armed populace.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Your point being?

Australia was cited, and I rebutted that. Stay on topic please.
      Oh Ok - since the topic was gun control.........

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

It doesn't work. Ever notice the American cities with the toughest gun laws have the most violence? It's not rocket science to figure it out.

The only thing disarming the populace does is embolden criminals, as happened in Australia, and gives oppressive governments the ability to take away civil rights without repercussion. No dictator has ever ruled over an armed populace.
      It works in Japan. It works in pretty much every other civilized western nation fairly well. There's always examples on how there's an exception to the rule, like rare shootings that happen on occasion - but that's the thing, they're rare, not an every day occurrence.

Always laugh at your gun nut "oppressive government" bull. As if your x amount of rifles and handguns would ever stop you from getting wrecked by the govt in a war.

If you don't want to try to change gun culture, that's cool I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        You didn't answer me buddy. So which side are you picking in this one?

tribalism. baby step above how a cave man thinks.

i actually look at incidents, policies, and i'm wholly independent.

Comment

It works in Japan. It works in pretty much every other civilized western nation fairly well. There's always examples on how there's an exception to the rule, like rare shootings that happen on occasion - but that's the thing, they're rare, not an every day occurrence.

Always laugh at your gun nut "oppressive government" bull. As if your x amount of rifles and handguns would ever stop you from getting wrecked by the govt in a war.

and they're not too worried about oppression when it comes to rounding up ******s and putting them into concentration camps.

identity politics. children with political beliefs, basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            tribalism. baby step above how a cave man thinks.

i actually look at incidents, policies, and i'm wholly independent.
            Then I will give you a hypothetical one, forget about this shooting for a moment. First take your meds, breathe. Now, which one matters more, queer or muzz?

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Nice conspiracy there, you got that from the same nonsense that thinks 9/11 was an inside job right you ******ed mutant? Yanks like you are a lost cause. If you're not libtarded you're a conspiracy nutjob. You're a useless piece of excrement who is worth no more than to be used as human shield. I certainly hope you get the call for the draft soon, they would have to drag you out of your toxic bunker that still has cold-war era east vs west propaganda slathered all over it.
              Its not a conspiracy, where do you think they got all these U.S. Weapons?

How do you think they went from Libya to Syria?

How do think they got all those brand new toyotas and humvees?

We set all of that up to send them to Syria. Were sending. Message to the world, you ally with Rusia were going to push your **** in.

Why do you think toilet of a country is surrounds by what are now NATO allies?

Your our enemy, we could give a crap less about a few Allah Akbar rock throwers. Your country is on the brink of complete collapse and total isolation. Soon Russians will be fighting over dead roaches in there crappy ready to fall apart WW2 homes.

Comment

• I wonder what happens if they determine people were killed by police fire rather than the gunman?

Comment

Yes, and his argument was Australia. Try and keep up.

It works in Japan. It works in pretty much every other civilized western nation fairly well.
                  So what? We're not Japan, or any other country. When it's tried HERE, it doesn't work. Chicago, Detroit, DC, New Orleans, etc. All cities with strict gun control laws and massive crime problems. It's simple to figure out, except for folks like you apperntly.

As for it working in Western nations, it sure as hell isn't working in France or Belgium, where muslim terrorists are also shooting up soft targets.

There's always examples on how there's an exception to the rule,...
                  Yes, you're citing exceptions to the rule. I'm trying, but you're not an easy student to teach.

Always laugh at your gun nut "oppressive government" bull.
                  And I always laugh at those forced to lower themselves to insult and name-calling in lieu of an effective argument.

As if your x amount of rifles and handguns would ever stop you from getting wrecked by the govt in a war.
                  Who said that's the purpose I'm citing?

Strawman much?

It is cool. It gives us targets a chance to fight back against violent radicals and other criminals. Disarming us only makes us easier targets. Again; not rocket science, but apparently above your pay grade.
                  Last edited by 1bad65; 06-13-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Well Obama has weighed in. While not blaming Islam (of course), he's laid blame. The blame in his eyes lies with "we".

"Omar Mateen called the cops to pledge his fealty to ISIS as he was carrying out his mass murder in Orlando early Sunday. Twelve hours later, the president of the United States declared that “we have no definitive assessment on the motivation” of Omar Mateen but that “we know he was a person filled with hate.”

So I guess the president thinks Mateen didn’t mean it?

Here again, and horribly, we have an unmistakable indication that Obama finds it astonishingly easy to divorce himself from a reality he doesn’t like — the reality of the Islamist terror war against the United States and how it is moving to our shores in the form of lone-wolf attacks.

So determined is the president to avoid the subject of Islamist, ISIS-inspired or ISIS-directed terrorism that he concluded his remarks with an astonishing insistence that “we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

That’s just disgusting. There’s no other word for it."

Full article:
                    http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/obama-s...ando-massacre/

Even the New York Post is sick and tired of the excuses. Sadly we still have plenty of apologists here on BS and around the nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Well Obama has weighed in. While not blaming Islam (of course), he's laid blame. The blame in his eyes lies with "we".

"Omar Mateen called the cops to pledge his fealty to ISIS as he was carrying out his mass murder in Orlando early Sunday. Twelve hours later, the president of the United States declared that “we have no definitive assessment on the motivation” of Omar Mateen but that “we know he was a person filled with hate.”

So I guess the president thinks Mateen didn’t mean it?

Here again, and horribly, we have an unmistakable indication that Obama finds it astonishingly easy to divorce himself from a reality he doesn’t like — the reality of the Islamist terror war against the United States and how it is moving to our shores in the form of lone-wolf attacks.

So determined is the president to avoid the subject of Islamist, ISIS-inspired or ISIS-directed terrorism that he concluded his remarks with an astonishing insistence that “we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

That’s just disgusting. There’s no other word for it."

Full article:
                      http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/obama-s...ando-massacre/

Even the New York Post is sick and tired of the excuses. Sadly we still have plenty of apologists here on BS and around the nation.
                      Obama is really spineless.

Comment

Working...
                      X