Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten most disturbing cinema experiences?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Another I'll throw on to my list is Man Bites Dog.

Definitely not uncomfortable in the same style as my previously mentioned two, but still made me feel a bit uneasy given all I know of serial killers, social psychology, and the media sensationalism of their crimes tending to inspire copycat killers.

I'm pretty positive there was at least one **** sat at home watching it going "Aye, this looks like a right fackin' romp, innit?"

(Clegg...)
    I saw that again this weekend... I was chuckling along with it as a pitch black comedy, though when it got to the rape scene I thought it was disturbing.

Good film, but didn't stay with me like others in terms of being disturbed.

Comment

Irreversible was definitely fu*ked up.

Salo was even more fu*ked up in my opinion.

Idk if anyone's heard of this. ABC's of Death. It's a weird compilation of shorts, like 2 - 5 minutes in length. This producer, or director got together other directors from all over the world to create shorts. The object was to create death in the most creative ways, one for each letter of the alphabet.

Some were more fu*ked up than others, but most were extremely disturbing and stuck with you. One in particular.

There was this weird dictator or queen. She forced people to play a sick game where they had a jerk off contest. 2 dudes would have to jerk off to a naked woman and see who cums first. The loser gets executed. The winner lives.

The catch is, the winner moves on to the next round. And the rounds increase in difficulty. This guy kept on going on to the next round and had to jerk off to naked girls that became more and more unattractive. In one round he had to jerk off to a paraplegic who looked absolutely disgusting. He almost didn't make it. But he did.

By like the 14th round of this torture, he had to jerk off to a guy raping a child. His opponent got real excited and into it, and he came no problem. The main character vomited all over the place. For his execution, he was a part of the next round. He got killed by a chainsaw. And this is just one of the segments. Imagine 25 others. I can't even recommend this if you want to see something fu*ked up. It's really, really weird and out there.

Comment

May is essentially a modern yet disturbing re-imagining of "Frankenstein" with a wonderful performance from Angela Bettis. Give it a shot if you're into surreal disturbing cinema.

Essentially the Serbian Scarface with some wonderful performances from a fairly young cast set during the Yugoslav War. What is disturbing is the transformation of the young male leads into hardened killers. Definitely an under the radar gem that deserves more attention.

Li'l Zé.......nuff said

Great thread

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          .....but didn't stay with me like others in terms of being disturbed.
          Have you seen Happiness(Solondz) or Micheal(Markus Schleinzer) or Japon(Reygadas).

If you don't find something in one of those disturbing, you're dead inside.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
            Have you seen Happiness(Solondz) or Micheal(Markus Schleinzer) or Japon(Reygadas).

If you don't find something in one of those disturbing, you're dead inside.
            Happiness has been on my watch list for awhile now. I'm gonna have to give it a viewing soon.

I'm a big fan of the dark ****. That **** that makes you cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by BxFanViento View Post

May is essentially a modern yet disturbing re-imagining of "Frankenstein" with a wonderful performance from Angela Bettis. Give it a shot if you're into surreal disturbing cinema.
              That was actually a pretty good movie. I don't think it's really disturbing, it's kind of humorous.

Another movie that came out around the same time is Deadgirl, same kind of dark comedy but the rape stuff is pretty disturbing (boys raping a dead girl they found). Someone probably already mentioned, I haven't gone through page.

Comment

Martyrs

Surprised no one mentioned this, definitely belongs in the top 20 of disturbing movies. One of the more ****ed up films I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Martyrs

Surprised no one mentioned this, definitely belongs in the top 20 of disturbing movies. One of the more ****ed up films I've seen

That's a great one and thanks for jolting my memory for this one as well:

Another fantastic French Horror movie that is very disturbing...... it's called "Inside" or À l'intérieur.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Martyrs

I thought of it as a horror film that tried too hard. Fitting that it was Canadian. (Trying too hard)

Trouble Every Day (Denis) was a great French horror film from 2000's and also a great soundtrack. Plus, Vincent Gallo is in it.

Last edited by racer59; 08-07-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                      I thought of it as a horror film that tried too hard. Fitting that it was Canadian. (Trying too hard)
                      I didn't think of it has a horror movie, more of a classic WTF type film. The first half of the movie is like a ****ed up suspense movie then the second half is pure torture.

France made a few good dark movies around that time , Inside like the poster above mentioned, there was also High Tension and Frontiers, the last two were decent/ok but not really disturbing. Haven't checked out any recent French movies not sure if some of the layers ones are worth checking out as far as "dark", horror or disturbing
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 08-07-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X