No announcement yet.

The 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
    you older folks need to explain your jokes better to us young'ins. we aren't hip to your jibber jabber, this ain't the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      see? even movies didn't make sense back then. how does he go flying back 20 feet with a shotgun blast to the face, but still have his face intact and still be alive?

nothing made sense during your times

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
        see? even movies didn't make sense back then. how does he go flying back 20 feet with a shotgun blast to the face, but still have his face intact and still be alive?

nothing made sense during your times
        Think I already explained it.

Pretty easily.

Comment

Can someone explain the 2nd amendment to me.

Reading it, it says that the right of people who are in a well regulated militia to bear arms shall not be infringed.

So wouldn't that mean like people in the national guard and not just anybody ?

Why is this never addressed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Can someone explain the 2nd amendment to me.

Reading it, it says that the right of people who are in a well regulated militia to bear arms shall not be infringed.

So wouldn't that mean like people in the national guard and not just anybody ?

Why is this never addressed ?
            It's:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Militia: " a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government."

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/militia

This is one of those moments where upbringing, geography, etc will really polarize people.

To some, that's the most beautiful and epitomizing part of the US political system; the final provision for citizens to resist unfair governance if all others are violated.

Others, probably ones who grew up in front of a television/horror movies, or that journalist who fired a gun for the first time at age 50 and "bruised his soul" will look at it and just faint.

Comment

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment even though I believe guns made for the military should not be made available for purchase by everyday civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment even though I believe guns made for the military should not be made available for purchase by everyday civilians.
                They aren't. Assault rifles have been banned for decades.

I know there's a conscious effort to "play dumb", though. We've covered the fact that the AR-15 differs from the M16/M4 assault rifles mechanically while sharing their chassis.

Anti-gun people know that if they ban the AR-15 using its scary visual appearance, they will open the way to ban the vast majority of firearms on the market, sans bolt actions/muzzle loaders.

The rest of the country sees what they're attempting, outrage results and the push back in the opposite direction, blocking all types of regulation. You guys kind of dig your own grave with your constant attempts to be "sneaky".

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  Enjoy them while you can, boys.

you know damn well they ain't going anywhere

[/IMG]
                  Last edited by -jose-; 06-20-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    BrushMyHair! I like you man, but damn this is stupid.

You guys act as if Democrats want to actually ban all guns lol
                    Democrats have been gaining a reputation of being anti American.

Comment

I support a citizen's right to bear arms. What I don't understand is, why is any attempt at enacting sensible gun legislation seen as an affront to gun rights?

Comment

Working...
                      X