Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    Who is this cunt?
    Ignore him. Look after yourself.

I hope you're speaking to people. Take care, mate.

Comment

Who is this cunt?
      dude has issues.. do you ever exercise?

Comment

Anyone ever suffered from that? How did you deal with it?

That feeling when you know your tour is fuarking over.....it's a mess.

I battled depression once, it was truly awful, like with many things, I didn't respect it as a "thing" until I dealt with it first hand.

I was in deep depression for veteran/PTSD related issues a few years back, went real low, considered suicide on several occasions, even though I have always maintained that it's a cowardly move, and am thankful I never got to that point, the struggle is real.

That said, there are levels to what I consider depression worthy.

In my case, war related PTSD, that's real. The struggles of a veteran who can't re-integrate into society, that's real.

A teenager who has no real life experiences, I don't respect that kind of "depression", anxiety, or suicidal tendencies that arise from it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

That feeling when you know your tour is fuarking over.....it's a mess.

I battled depression once, it was truly awful, like with many things, I didn't respect it as a "thing" until I dealt with it first hand.

I was in deep depression for veteran/PTSD related issues a few years back, went real low, considered suicide on several occasions, even though I have always maintained that it's a cowardly move, and am thankful I never got to that point, the struggle is real.

That said, there are levels to what I consider depression worthy.

In my case, war related PTSD, that's real. The struggles of a veteran who can't re-integrate into society, that's real.

A teenager who has no real life experiences, I don't respect that kind of "depression", anxiety, or suicidal tendencies that arise from it.
          What's really important here is not that you've come to a greater understanding of mental illness after having suffered through it first hand, but that you've somehow managed to maintain a superiority complex about it in spite of your own experiences with it.

Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            What's really important here is not that you've come to a greater understanding of mental illness after having suffered through it first hand, but that you've somehow managed to maintain a superiority complex about it in spite of your own experiences with it.

Kudos.
            well, it's easier to poke fun at when you are past depression periods, that's for sure.

But I do mean that last sentence, even if it comes across as harshly. You just don't have anything to complain about before you've had your stab at adulthood, sorry.

Comment

Who is this cunt?
              What I said to you didn't come from a bad place. I'm just being real. Stop being a WAB (weak ass bitch) and pull it together. Everyone has tough times. It's about finding that motivation and ambition. Be a man and exude that aura of an ambitious mother****er. We are vibrational beings -- what you put out is what you get back. When I go outside and do roadwork like a G and shadowbox with absolute dedication and not an ounce of hesitation because I know myself and that aura I exude attracts random women who catcall me, compliment me, and give me dap. People admire strength. All humans admire balls.

What is your biggest "Why?" Ask yourself "Why am I doing this? For what?"

Find what your "why" is and live life my friend. Life is too short to mope.

Comment

No magic bullet, medication should be absolute last resort. Should try a combination of things, lots of exercise, healthier diet, keeping yourself busy is a big one- a busy person doesn't have time to reflect on.the depression. I think self help books are a load of ****e but there's one which is good 'how to stop worrying and start living' by dale carnegie , isn't as feminine as most of them. Talking to a professional would probably be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  What I said to you didn't come from a bad place. I'm just being real. Stop being a WAB (weak ass bitch) and pull it together. Everyone has tough times. It's about finding that motivation and ambition. Be a man and exude that aura of an ambitious mother****er. We are vibrational beings -- what you put out is what you get back. When I go outside and do roadwork like a G and shadowbox with absolute dedication and not an ounce of hesitation because I know myself and that aura I exude attracts random women who catcall me, compliment me, and give me dap. People admire strength. All humans admire balls.

What is your biggest "Why?" Ask yourself "Why am I doing this? For what?"

Find what your "why" is and live life my friend. Life is too short to mope.
                  It has nothing to do with being a "weak ass b*itch." It's a medical condition that can be treated.

You might be coming from a good place and mean well, but that type of talk doesn't work for someone in that state of mind. You don't see the world properly in a depressed state of mind. You see though a thick fog that clouds your thoughts.

Your thought process is all over the place and it's not something you just snap out of.

Your perception of the world is completely fu*ked up. The best way I can describe it is being lost in a dark, dark, fog.

Some people are stuck in a depression and it might last weeks, months, or even years to get out of. Most people can ride it out, but if someone's really having a hard time, they usually need professional help.

I'm convinced that some people are just born predisposed to it and go through their whole lives a little bit depressed cuz they haven't gotten proper treatment. They just go on suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    It has nothing to do with being a "weak ass b*itch." It's a medical condition that can be treated.

You might be coming from a good place and mean well, but that type of talk doesn't work for someone in that state of mind. You don't see the world properly in a depressed state of mind. You see though a thick fog that clouds your thoughts.

Your thought process is all over the place and it's not something you just snap out of.

Your perception of the world is completely fu*ked up. The best way I can describe it is being lost in a dark, dark, fog.

Some people are stuck in a depression and it might last weeks, months, or even years to get out of. Most people can ride it out, but if someone's really having a hard time, they usually need professional help.

I'm convinced that some people are just born predisposed to it and go through their whole lives a little bit depressed cuz they haven't gotten proper treatment. They just go on suffering.
                    Then you still fight. It takes courage.

Courage is fighting even though you know you're a beaten man.

If I was stricken with depression I would be fighting till the bitter end.

People have fought out of terrible diseases like cancer. It's possible. Mentally if I tell myself something is possible that's all the motivation I need. It may not be probable but it's possible. **** it what do I got to lose. I'm gonna fight to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      Then you still fight. It takes courage.

Courage is fighting even though you know you're a beaten man.

If I was stricken with depression I would be fighting till the bitter end.

People have fought out of terrible diseases like cancer. It's possible. Mentally if I tell myself something is possible that's all the motivation I need. It may not be probable but it's possible. **** it what do I got to lose. I'm gonna fight to the end.
                      I'm not saying don't fight. I'm saying that telling someone who is depressed to "man up" or "toughen up" or stop being a "weak ass b*tch" doesn't help and more than likely makes the depressed person feel guilty about the feelings he or she are having.

What you need is, in more serious cases, therapy and drugs, although the jury's still out on the drugs. I'm not a fan of them and most of them are over prescribed. Docs push anti depressants hard. Those docs are the legal version of Hector slanging rocks on the corner of EZ street

Comment

Working...
                      X