Suffering from depression

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    You say that like he hasn't already.

Getting unsolicited dick pics from lounge regulars is the sole reason I came back, son.

:wank:
    Hey speaking of......why did you come back??? in all seriousness its' kool to see you postin again and what not but you never really addressed it and said why you left or why you came back.......it's def thread worthy......Don't blow your wad here doe.......give me a sec..................

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
      Hey speaking of......why did you come back??? in all seriousness its' kool to see you postin again and what not but you never really addressed it and said why you left or why you came back.......it's def thread worthy......Don't blow your wad here doe.......give me a sec..................
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2#post16769002

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        This is a relative privation fallacy, which is just a modern twist on the more well known moral equivalence fallacy. The entire basis of your argument is fallacious because it seeks only to discredit OP's depression by attempting to dismiss his legitimate feelings by making comparisons to more extreme cases of X, Y, or Z.

The truth is that everybody is dealing with a different set of circumstances in life. My problems in life are different from yours. OP's problems are different from mine. Couple that with the fact that everybody has their own unique thresholds for various forms of pain tolerance, be they physical or mental.

Somebody in this thread could lose their job tomorrow and find their brain switch to a depressive state as a result. Another dude in this very same thread could have the same thing happen to him and it wouldn't affect his mental state whatsoever.

Life experience and the reaction of the individual's mind to those experiences are all relative and subjective. Depression is a legitimate mental illness as defined by the DSM-5 and, contrary to the popular beliefs of a misinformed public, it's not something you can just "keep being positive" about while "not letting it put you down."

As for PB32 - I like what you're doing here by not only shedding light on your experience with depression, but by keeping us updated with your thoughts as you navigate your way through it. That's a pretty bold step in a forum as fucking chaotic and backward as this one, and I applaud you in doing it.

Please, keep it up.
        Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
        Man,

That is tough. I was diagnosed with SA and severe depression. I would get some serious anxiety attacks, and bunch other stuff. I would not wish that felling to anyone. I was prescribed meds which took me even deeper into the depression state.

I would drink each and every day. I mean, heavy drinking, it affected my job, and my life. It distanced me from my loved ones (Son and Daughter) and I found my self in a hole that I could not get out. I was just banging chicks that I would meet on dating sites, and random chick at bars and latin clubs. I seriously did over 125 different women in a period of a year. My attitude was one that I did not give a darn about consequences, my health estate, and a mental cloud that was soooooo dense.

One of my employees (Im a Program Manager) which I known for over 10 years talked to me and suggested to get a dog as a companion. I agreed and I went and rescued my Athena from the dog refuge.

Athena was the best thing I did to help me with my depression. I went all out and gave Athena all my love, affection and anything I had. This dog became my best friend and companion.

She is an American Pit and Lab Mix. Very bright dog! She is a beast, runs with me, has a 5 foot vertical with no head start and she barks like a 300lb dog! lol! People gets freak out by it.

Fully trained and knows about 20 commands from seat, roll, stay, to run, bite, guard, and others.

Not too big, not too small at 59lbs.

I love her and she has comforted me during some dark times.

At the end, I did not rescue Athena, she rescued me instead.

Good luck dealing with your depression, its very hard, I know first hand.

when my black pug died I was very depressed, someone gave me a cat that acts like a dog, it follows me around and sleeps with me. this really helped my depression, I recommend getting a pet, either dog or cat. it's hard to be depressed when a puppy is licking your hand or face

Comment

Hi guys,

Quick update, a month ago I went on a serious weekend binge of cocaine and ecstasy on the 3rd day resulting in a overdose after consuming a large amount of cocaine.
          I was found in a nightclub toilet by security at 6am, apparently I was an hour away from death.

I checked out of hospital two weeks later and I am making a full recovery,
          I've not yet returned to work. I am currently in the west of ireland living with two close friends and away from the city.

I'm on the way back, I've been reading all your kind words and advice over and over this week. Felt the need to post now.

Thank you for everything, this is not a cry for attention.
          PB32

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Hi guys,

Quick update, a month ago I went on a serious weekend binge of cocaine and ecstasy on the 3rd day resulting in a overdose after consuming a large amount of cocaine.
            I was found in a nightclub toilet by security at 6am, apparently I was an hour away from death.

I've not yet returned to work. I am currently in the west of ireland living with two close friends and away from the city.

I'm on the way back, I've been reading all your kind words and advice over and over this week. Felt the need to post now.

PB32
            I'd been wondering how you were doing on and off since the last update. Needless to say, I'm happy to hear that you're still among the living, but a bit alarmed at the cocaine and ecstasy use, though I do understand why somebody in a depressive state of mine would seek mind altering substances as a means of escaping reality.

...You haven't used enough to develop a habit yet, have you? Because the last thing a chemically imbalanced brain needs is a chemical dependence.

Not trying to come off as preachy or anything - Just worried about you, dude.

If it means anything at all, I can safely assure you that your update in this thread was the highlight of my rather uneventful week, so thanks for that.

Hopefully the change of environment away from your usual surroundings and the company of your friends has a positive impact on your well-being.

As always - I appreciate the update and look forward to the next.

Stay safe, buddy.

Comment

Hi guys,

PB32

I don't know you but from a religious man who's battled depression himself I'll pray for you.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for not posting back.

I have taken a break from everything online, social media, forums, youtube etc

Am I depressed? i don't know.
                Have I felt this down before? Absolutely never.

What is my problem? Mood swings and guilt. A number of families members are extremely ill. My mother is sick as is my father, my brothers are not helping and alot has been to me to figure out.

How am I dealing with it? Gym twice a day. Spending time with friends, focusing on positive aspects of my life and refusing to get down by stuff I cannot control.

What am I not doing? Speaking to a doctor. I don't want to go on prescription medication, I don't feel that is the answer.

Thank you for taking the time to make suggestions, it means a lot. Even the keyboard warriors typing pure ****, I genuinely hope you guys are happy one way or another.

I'm doing good but I've a lot of work to do. I hope none of you feel this way at any stage of your life. Watching your family suffer is difficult
                If you've never felt this down before and your family has a history of being ill you should go to the doctor. If you're having mood swings and they seem to get stronger it could be the beginning of bipolar(specially if you're around 20-25).

Regardless of whether it's bipolar or just simple depression if you're eating right and doing exercise and still feel like sh^t chances are very high that you are depressed. Docs and meds can help and not all of them kill your emotions, heck some even help stopping recreational drug use.

Comment

Hi guys,

PB32
                  Get your **** together and stop bull****ting. Suck it up.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but walking in the sunshine and taking omega 3's seemed to help me a bit. You may want to get blood work done and see where you're deficient in.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      Get your **** together and stop bull****ting. Suck it up.
                      Who is this cunt?

Comment

Working...
                      X