No announcement yet.

Why so many white people on welfare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Percentages are one of the most basic of math formulas. Not that complicated.
    Almost nobody on the left understands them. That's why the media twists them so much (coupled with fallacies, of course) in order to poison society with BS

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      It's because the federal government has grown, and sucks so much out of the economy, plus debasing the currency from gold standard..
      The military has grown, you mean. We don't have any money to fix our crumbling infrastructure yet we always seem to find some to spend on all those conflicts in some foreign land.

All so that the big military contractors and banks will benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        The military has grown, you mean. We don't have any money to fix our crumbling infrastructure yet we always seem to find some to spend on all those conflicts in some foreign land.

All so that the big military contractors and banks will benefit.
        I agree... Military spending is way too high, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the federal government is just way too big..

We are trillions of dollars in debt, everything needs to be either abolished or shrunken drastically

Comment

I agree... Military spending is way too high, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the federal government is just way too big..

We are trillions of dollars in debt, everything needs to be either abolished or shrunken drastically
          You cut defense spending and implement a single-payer healthcare system and you'd be surprised how quickly that deficit will shrink.

Everybody knows how much is wasted on defense, but the untold story is just how badly having a gigantic uninsured population is hurting us economically. These people never go to doctors because they can't afford it, so they get all their treatments in the emergency room where they pay nothing and usually, by the time they're admitted to the hospital, something's seriously fucking wrong with them which means more expensive treatments which get shifted on to the backs of taxpayers.

If you implement universal coverage you put the emphasis on prevention rather than treatment, and everybody knows it's far less costly to prevent a disease rather than treat one.

It might be a bit more costly short-term (though that's admittedly only a guess on my part, because most experts seem pretty split down the middle regarding where the cost would fall), but long-term benefits would be a significant reduction in annual healthcare spending.

The cost of treatment and medicine needs to be drastically reduced, as well. The pharmaceutical industry is absolutely murdering us with their inflated prices where, in other countries, the same drugs are 5-10 times cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            You cut defense spending and implement a single-payer healthcare system and you'd be surprised how quickly that deficit will shrink.

Everybody knows how much is wasted on defense, but the untold story is just how badly having a gigantic uninsured population is hurting us economically. These people never go to doctors because they can't afford it, so they get all their treatments in the emergency room where they pay nothing and usually, by the time they're admitted to the hospital, something's seriously fucking wrong with them which means more expensive treatments which get shifted on to the backs of taxpayers.

If you implement universal coverage you put the emphasis on prevention rather than treatment, and everybody knows it's far less costly to prevent a disease rather than treat one.

It might be a bit more costly short-term (though that's admittedly only a guess on my part, because most experts seem pretty split down the middle regarding where the cost would fall), but long-term benefits would be a significant reduction in annual healthcare spending.

Who pays for the universal coverage,,, not the unemployed bums but the everyday taxpayers...

I do agree that a universal single payer system is the answer, but if implemented then we need to cut welfare and link cards, etc

And the ER gets so much action because of the inner city violence,, if theses people had health coverage, that doesn't mean they would start acting civilized and not shooting each other all the time..

Federal government in my eyes should only take care of defense, borders, highways, and universal single payer, and civil rights/disputes. Everything else can be up to state or local officials...

Comment

And them mother****ers smell like wet dog

Comment

Who pays for the universal coverage,,, not the unemployed bums but the everyday taxpayers...

I do agree that a universal single payer system is the answer, but if implemented then we need to cut welfare and link cards, etc

And the ER gets so much action because of the inner city violence,, if theses people had health coverage, that doesn't mean they would start acting civilized and not shooting each other all the time..

Federal government in my eyes should only take care of defense, borders, highways, and universal single payer, and civil rights/disputes. Everything else can be up to state or local officials...
                Do you have any sources to back up your claim that ER visits are so high because of gang violence?

Because I've never seen a single correlation drawn between the two.

And "states rights" is a cop-out argument that allows for discrimination and human rights violations. If we left slavery up to the states I'm sure Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, and others would all still be operating on slave labor today.

Comment

I remember kev tried to make this same ******ed argument and was laughed at. This guy must not have seen that thread. This is basic math. I can't get over how utterly stupid most people on here are.

this is what those numbers really mean.
                  Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  110 million people are on some sort of welfare. 44 million are white 28 million are black and 11 million are Hispanic

44 out of 225 million white people means roughly 20% are on welfare

28 out of 39 million black people means roughly 72% are on welfare

11 out of 55 million Hispanic people means roughly 20% are on welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    I remember kev tried to make this same ******ed argument and was laughed at. This guy must not have seen that thread. This is basic math. I can't get over how utterly stupid most people on here are.

this is what those numbers really mean.

Blacks were denied home ownership and therefore were not able to build wealth when real estate prices rose. Whites were able to pass down that wealth to their children, unlike black people who had nothing to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEhrmantraut View Post
                      Blacks were denied home ownership and therefore were not able to build wealth when real estate prices rose. Whites were able to pass down that wealth to their children, unlike black people who had nothing to begin with.
                      Your original point was about the amount of white people on welfare. Your interpretation of the stats that you posted are way off. What you're bringing up now is a different issue and one I agree with you on, but it has nothing to do with your initial smear attempt.

Comment

Working...
                      X