Collapse
No announcement yet.

London elects Sadiq Khan, first Muslim mayor, after ugly campaign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] London elects Sadiq Khan, first Muslim mayor, after ugly campaign

By Tim Hume, CNN
    Updated 7:40 PM ET, Fri May 6, 2016

Sadiq Khan, a practicing Muslim and Labour Party politician, has been elected mayor of London, marking a political milestone in the Western world.

Londoners voted in Khan, 45, as the first Muslim mayor of a major Western capital city. He will take office in a metropolis where his fellow Muslims comprise about 12% of the population.
    His victory followed an unusually bitter campaign against Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the son of a billionaire, in which race and religion have proven ugly flashpoints.

The London-born son of Pakistani immigrants, Khan grew up with his six brothers and sister in a three-bedroom, public housing apartment. He studied law, became a university lecturer and the chairman of a civil liberties group, and was elected to Parliament in 2005.
    Affordable housing in a city increasingly drawing the super-rich, aging infrastructure and transportation are top issues facing the new mayor.

Khan is replacing incumbent Boris Johnson, a colorful and popular figure who took office in 2008 and was a rare Conservative mayor in the Labour-leaning British capital.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/europe...han/index.html

Cheers Mates!

A Muslim city deserves a Muslim mayor

Comment

I'm proud of the people of London today. They looked past the propaganda and lies about Islam and elected the best person for the job........

But.......

I wouldn't worry about him being a Muslim. Being a politician would scare me more

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        I'm proud of the people of London today. They looked past the propaganda and lies about Islam and elected the best person for the job........

But.......

I wouldn't worry about him being a Muslim. Being a politician would scare me more
        There's a huge chunk of muzscum in London you genius. If anything this shows that the propaganda and lies about izlam(that it's actually peaceful) worked on the non-muzzers dumb enough to vote for this scum.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          There's a huge chunk of muzscum in London you genius. If anything this shows that the propaganda and lies about izlam(that it's actually peaceful) worked on the non-muzzers dumb enough to vote for this scum.
          I'm sorry you feel that way. But as a resident in an area with one of the largest Muslim population of any non-Muslim country (Metro Detroit) I have different feelings. I've lived around Muslims all of my life and have always found them to be hard working, family oriented people. They have one of the highest rates of home and business ownership in the region. I've never believed the propaganda because I've lived around them all my life.

Comment

I love when people assume that other people don't like Muslims because they have no experience with them. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              I love when people assume that other people don't like Muslims because they have no experience with them. Quite the opposite.
              A bad experience with a couple of Muslims won't make me dislike all Muslims. There are bad people in every race, creed, culture, religion ect... If that were the case I'd hate all white people because I've had a million more bad experiences with them than any other race. I'm sure every other race would say the same thing. But I don't judge a whole race/religion based off the actions of a few, or in the case of white people based off the actions of a couple thousand. I take everybody at face value and treat them as individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                By Tim Hume, CNN
                Updated 7:40 PM ET, Fri May 6, 2016

Sadiq Khan, a practicing Muslim and Labour Party politician, has been elected mayor of London, marking a political milestone in the Western world.

Londoners voted in Khan, 45, as the first Muslim mayor of a major Western capital city. He will take office in a metropolis where his fellow Muslims comprise about 12% of the population.
                His victory followed an unusually bitter campaign against Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the son of a billionaire, in which race and religion have proven ugly flashpoints.

The London-born son of Pakistani immigrants, Khan grew up with his six brothers and sister in a three-bedroom, public housing apartment. He studied law, became a university lecturer and the chairman of a civil liberties group, and was elected to Parliament in 2005.
                Affordable housing in a city increasingly drawing the super-rich, aging infrastructure and transportation are top issues facing the new mayor.

Khan is replacing incumbent Boris Johnson, a colorful and popular figure who took office in 2008 and was a rare Conservative mayor in the Labour-leaning British capital.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/europe...han/index.html

Cheers Mates!

red k given.

thread one starred.

Comment

Cant wait for him to nuke america.

War muzzy mayor

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    red k given.

thread one starred.

Comment