Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has nobody made a legit movie of Genghis Khan yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007) is really good. It's in Mongolian. I heard they were suppose to make a sequel initially but it got cancelled.
    yup. pretty good movie.

still waiting on that sequel which is a far better and bloodier story than khan's rise.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Why do we need another Genghis Khan movie when we've already got this definitive and authentic classic?

LOL I gotta watch this its so bad its good.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        LOL I gotta watch this its so bad its good.
        Looks ace, doesn't it? I love the way it's all still in his usual voice.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Looks ace, doesn't it? I love the way it's all still in his usual voice.
          This trailer is a classic, at 2:08 hahaah when he threatens the guy it looks like he is reading it off a teleprompter or card, this is like a comedy film by will ferrell where they try to be serious but are hammy

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            Spawning hybrids like Turks and Chechens, causing places like Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and we can't forget how thriving modern Mongolia itself is
            Mongolia thrived under the USSR for a short time but now it's a backwater. it's always been that way though even at the height of their power, kublai moved the empire's capital to China. Mongols value their nomadic lifestyle very deeply.

you should read up on kublai khan, he accomplished many positive things in the east. he and genghis were way ahead of their time but most of their history were written by bitter losers so things tend to get overlooked or exaggerated. your beef with the Mongols is really with the muslim half. it's a shame that islam always weasels its way into history.
            Last edited by John Barron; 04-29-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              Mongolia thrived under the USSR for a short time but now it's a backwater. it's always been that way though even at the height of their power, kublai moved the empire's capital to China. Mongols value their nomadic lifestyle very deeply.

you should read up on kublai khan, he accomplished many positive things in the east. he and genghis were way ahead of their time but most of their history were written by bitter losers so things tend to get overlooked or exaggerated. your beef with the Mongols is really with the muslim half. it's a shame that islam always weasels its way into history.
              I don't have anything against modern Mongolians btw, they seem like decent, peaceful buddhists. Calmed down a lot compared to their ancestors

It's just hard to get over what they did to my christian ancestors in the ME, but if I can pin that all on one scumbag(Timur) of the empire, there's still the big issue of a large percentage of them ending up converting to islam and spawning these large racially mixed islamic nations. They started out fighting this cancer and ended up fueling it. Since Mongolia is no longer a factor in the world today, unfortunately their legacy that's left is in these countries I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                Because as soon as it gets cast people will cry about white washing and why someone like Idris Elba wasn't cast
                Why would a white man be cast as Ghengis Khan though?

People only complain about white washing when Hollywood decides to get an all white cast for an Egyptian movie, or get a white actor to play Martin Luther King.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  John Wayne played Genghis Khan (Temujin) in The Conqueror 1956. He worst movie.

Brian Dennehy portrayed Kublai Khan in the 2007 TV flick Marco Polo.

Hollywood is so terrible

Comment

In 2010 Mickey Rourke was set to Play Genghis Khan in New film by John Milius. unfortunately Milius had a stoke. Heard he has a great script! He's doing a lot better these days hope he makes the film!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Why would a white man be cast as Ghengis Khan though?

People only complain about white washing when Hollywood decides to get an all white cast for an Egyptian movie, or get a white actor to play Martin Luther King.
                      Tom Hanks as Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                      X