No announcement yet.

Donald Trump Makes People Mad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump Makes People Mad

This is why he has my vote. He makes the media, politicians, hollywood, corporate America, foreign leaders, academics, and all the other arrogant ****s mad.

People who complain he isn't "serious" or "logical" or "presidential" just don't get it. Who cares?

If I'm gonna waste my vote I'm at least gonna vote for the one guy who pisses off everyone I hate.

The latest episode of VICE went to Dubai to investigate the migrant workers building the Trump International Golf Club.

Turns out they are living in squalid conditions (21 people to a room) and getting paid only half of what they were promised. They are on the hook for work visas and now for visa extensions so they need to labor for 2 years just to break even, plus they can't quit to go work for another employer who might pay better because their passports have been taken. Which means they also can't leave the country to go back home.

Basically one step away from slave labor.

I expect this from the scumbag United Arab Emirates but Donald Trump should be held accountable as well since the project bears his name.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The latest episode of VICE went to Dubai to investigate the migrant workers building the Trump International Golf Club.

Turns out they are living in squalid conditions (21 people to a room) and getting paid only half of what they were promised. They are on the hook for work visas and now for visa extensions so they need to labor for 2 years just to break even, plus they can't quit to go work for another employer who might pay better because their passports have been taken. Which means they also can't leave the country to go back home.

Basically one step away from slave labor.

I expect this from the scumbag United Arab Emirates but Donald Trump should be held accountable as well since the project bears his name.

when will these dudes learn never give up your passport or visas.

The indians have the same type of setup for their stores here, they get people that want to come to america and they have to sign a contract that they will work for them for 10 years or so or someshit like that. Some hindu indian dude was telling me one day

Comment

Yeah, not smart to give up your passports. But people are too trusting and think they're being given a chance for a better life by good people.

When instead they're being taken advantage of by vultures.

Comment

Why would his treatment of non-American workers influence your vote?

I'm honestly curious. If you are an American and you care about the US then it shouldn't matter at all.

Comment

In other news - "water is wet" and "bears sh.it in the woods"

Comment

Expect a WW3 if he becomes president. His ego will cost the lives of US soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post

I'm honestly curious. If you are an American and you care about the US then it shouldn't matter at all.
                Do people question how Hillary and Bill treat the people who work for them? Hillary wouldn't even let her own secret service staff look her in the eyes and these guys are there to save her life, she treats them like dogs and they are American citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post

This type of thing has a direct impact on America. It's why so many jobs have been offshored, kind of hard for American workers to compete in the free market when the competition consists of near slavery.

Apart from that I dislike seeing people being exploited regardless of where they come from. There should be more fairness and justice in the world, we can do better.

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton either, though. She's a snake of the highest order.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-25-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    This type of thing has a direct impact on America. It's why so many jobs have been offshored, kind of hard for American workers to compete in the free market when the competition consists of near slavery.

Apart from that I dislike seeing people being exploited regardless of where they come from. There should be more fairness and justice in the world, we can do better.

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton either, though. She's a snake of the highest order.
                    This is why we need fair and equitable trade deals, and to punish businesses that send jobs over seas, which is exactly what Trump supports.

Your solution to the problem isn't to ensure Americans get good wages, but to cut their wages until they equal third world levels. Not much of a solution to me!

Comment

Working...
                    X