Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP PRINCE, Legendary pop star dead at 57!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Who would you guys say were Prince's influences? And did he himself influence any artists that came after?
    As a performer, James Brown. I watched Sign O the times concert movie so much as a kid, then eventually watching James Brown on stage i was surprised how much of an influence Brown had on Prince.

Comment

• http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...on-133027.html

Morons

Comment

• Shame he passed. Worst part is his talent and abilities are being reduced and broken down to being nothing more than a ****sexual that sang. Wickedly talented and an amazing artist.

Comment

• I'm not making a joke...but earlier on CNN someone said that Prince had been living in terrible pain from walking in high heels his whole life and speculated that he died from an overdose of pain-killers related to this.

Comment

• Read a great article today about Prince - basically he was an overachiever, workaholic, eccentric but incredibly astute manager of his intellectual property and finances. Case in point, none of his music is on youtube or other free sites. The guy was very savvy in the business and financial aspect as much as he was with the creative side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravado View Post
              Shame he passed. Worst part is his talent and abilities are being reduced and broken down to being nothing more than a ****sexual that sang. Wickedly talented and an amazing artist.
              Nobody with any sense thinks this, look at all the fan support and talented musicians that are mourning his death and calling him an amazing musical talent. Only ignorant idiots are saying stuff like this. Just look at all the women Prince was with, the dude had an ATG beautiful and talented women resume he banged.
              Last edited by _original_; 04-22-2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Prince was the man, he had so many ladies throwing themselves at him, the guy was barely 5 foot tall and was having women fall madly in love with him, his confidence was through the roof.
                His resume of beautiful and talented women he banged is legendary, the dude was one of the biggest womanizers ever. Only morons who don't know anything about him or his music are judging him by his clothes and eccentric behavior and calling him gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Nobody with any sense thinks this, look at all the fan support and talented musicians that are mourning his death and calling him an amazing musical talent. Only ignorant idiots are saying stuff like this. Just look at all the women Prince was with, the dude had an ATG beautiful and talented women resume he banged.
                  Yeah but uou are talking about idiots who never listened to his music. Nobody that ever sat down objectively and listened to Its Gonna Be Lonely, I Hate U, Purple Rain, Scandalous.....its a shame. Amazing artist

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Who would you guys say were Prince's influences? And did he himself influence any artists that came after?
                    Prince was heavily influenced by jazz, funk, rock and 70s soul. You can hear a lot of Santana in his guitar playing, Earth Wind and Fire and Chaka Khan in his chord progressions.

And who did he influence? Who did he NOT?

Prince defined the 80's sound. Who popularized drum machines on pop and rock tracks? Prince. Who's responsible for melodic hooks and lines being done on Synthesizers instead of horns in 80s pop? Prince.

And most importantly, before "When Droves Cry," RnB meant music with very pronounced drum and bass parts. All songs had a bass in them. Prince is the reason all different kinds of pop/rnb/whatever music, to this day, has very pronounced drums and keys/guitar/piano but there is no bass or it's so low that it can't be heard only felt; having no bass track on that song opened it up completely and changed pop music forever.

There are very few, if any, artists that SOUND like Prince because uh... easier said than done.

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                    Yeah but uou are talking about idiots who never listened to his music. Nobody that ever sat down objectively and listened to Its Gonna Be Lonely, I Hate U, Purple Rain, Scandalous.....its a shame. Amazing artist
                    Respect to a real fan, I Hate U is a classic deep cut.
                    Last edited by paulf; 04-23-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• WOW. RIP to a legend.

I shall honor him by naming my penor Prince as of tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X