No announcement yet.

Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    It's pretty funny that a former slave is replacing a slave owner on American currency. That's irony and karma rolled into one.
    No, it's just the insane political correctness of 21st century America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post
      No, it's just the insane political correctness of 21st century America.
      Maybe that's part of it but who cares? The dead man or woman gracing my currency is irrelevant to me. Don't lose sleep over it.

Comment

Maybe that's part of it but who cares? The dead man or woman gracing my currency is irrelevant to me. Don't lose sleep over it.
        We wouldn't have such a hideous, creepy-looking man-woman on our currency here in the UK.

Sad to think what it will be like for Americans to have to see that face every time they use a 20 dollar bill. It will lower the quality of their lives.

Maybe the purpose is to get people to stop using cash and use banking and credit cards instead?

Comment

• I don't really care but I like that it's pissing people off.

Comment

Sad to think what it will be like for Americans to have to see that face every time they use a 20 dollar bill. It will lower the quality of their lives.
            I, too, was hoping Stacey Dash would be the first black woman gracing my currency. Masturbating to U.S. currency has always been on my bucket list and Andrew Jackson never really did it for me.

Comment

I, too, was hoping Stacey Dash would be the first black woman gracing my currency. Masturbating to U.S. currency has always been on my bucket list and Andrew Jackson never really did it for me.
              Not many people masturbate to US currency.

But many use 20 bills to pay for food or tip in restaurants. One look at the hideous old man-woman and their appetites will be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                I'm all for getting Jackson off the $20, war criminal and all... But it will be kinda weird, cause 20s are what most people deal with all the time.... and It's not like they won't still be around.
                Just because we are honoring Jackson doesnt mean we ****ing approve of his genocidal policies. He contributed greatly to the country and should be honored and remembered accordingly. He is the only man to serve in both the Revolutionary War and War of 1812.

We honor Ghandi, who was a racist against black Africans.
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-black-people/

We honor Churchill who sank the French Fleet (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/chur...l-episode/620/)

the list goes on and on. As you can see "great" people are hardly ever saints.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeEhrmantraut View Post
                  the list goes on and on. As you can see "great" people are hardly ever saints.
                  We honor Abraham Lincoln, but this is what he said about Blacks:

https://markii.wordpress.com/2007/02...history-month/

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Comment

Yes, he looks like someone straight outta Compton. Hamilton is a Black name, don't believe the liars who say it a British name.

Did you know that Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, William Shakespeare, and George Washington were all Black men?

And all the great scientists and inventors like Galileo, Edison, Hubble, Ford, Bell and the Wright brothers were Black.
                    Do the research then come and talk to me. Other than that, keep your straw-man argument to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I don't really care but I like that it's pissing people off.
                      Lol.

Same

Comment

Working...
                      X