The official EURO 2016 thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Out of Bonucci and Godin for me.

They are both so cynical. Bonucci is a better footballer because he is a converted midfielder.

But Godin is just so dark. That guy plays the whole game trying to steal an advantage. Reminds of Ricky Carvalho who is still good at 38.

I have been impressed with a lot of centre backs at the tournament though. Not putting them in the conversation but Glick from Poland is decent. There was even a lad from Albania who looked good to me.
    As you've probably noticed, I'm pretty fond of Atletico.

Godin is tremendous. The entire team works perfectly within the system but he leads the way. His positioning is second to none, his Champions League clearance and interception stats this season perfectly sum it up, he's just always there.

Only slight negative is that, unlike Bonucci, his form doesn't carry over quite as well to the international team. Still very good, but not quite the same level.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      At this point I'd lean towards Bonucci.

Giminez is going to be pretty special when he gets to 23/24.
      Thiago silva still hold that title, Reading his stats is just ridiculous he won like 90%+ of his aerial duels and have almost doubled succesfull tackle rate per game than bonnuci.

Bonnuci is very good CBr and his instinct for offensive play made him more special. but in term of defense alone he's not even the best from Juve/italy. Barzagli is the best italy's defender, the guy is rock solid. calm, collective, efficient and clever to read opponent game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        And yet he literally had every stat in the WC over any player and was rated #1 by every stat website. He seems normal because of the amount of goals he judged by. People should look at Messi ad a mid because that's what he played for in Argentina and finished the WC with the most created chances. James for example scored against bums and did nothing after the knock out groups. Messi gets criticized for scoring only in the Group stages but James did the same went ghost after.
        He wasn't according to FIFA's actual rankings system done in tandem with Castrol - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statist...dex/index.html

They had Toni Kroos as statistically the best player of the World Cup. I love Messi, he's better than Ronaldo, he's the best player of our generation but people need to stop wanking over him like dickriders and giving him a pass every time he ****s up.

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        Oh and an award given by Fifa who are corrupt as hell..

I still remember Sneidjer being massive for Inter in winning the treble (beating barca) and making the WC final with holland..

But who won world player of the year? You guessed it
        Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        Yes but i think Iniesta also had a case also. Corrupt is Ronaldo 2013, Ronaldo in top 3 last season and Ronaldo top 3 this season. Suarez, Messi(depending how Copa goes he could win it again) or Iniesta if spain win it and he wins player of the tournament.
        Exactly, let's not forget the 2013 Balon D'Or robbery where FIFA extended the deadline to an additional 2 weeks to gift 'No Penalty, No Party' Ronaldo the award over Franck Ribery, who was flat out robbed.

Ribery and Sneijder have been disgustingly robbed in the Balon D'Or

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Not the Ronaldo vs Messi debate.

How about this....who is the best centre-half in the world?
        Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        At this point I'd lean towards Bonucci.

Giminez is going to be pretty special when he gets to 23/24.
        As a pure centre back, Godin is the best in the world hands down. Bonucci comes second for me but he's better on the ball than Godin is. Barzagli probably third.

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        Thiago silva still hold that title, Reading his stats is just ridiculous he won like 90%+ of his aerial duels and have almost doubled succesfull tackle rate per game than bonnuci.

Bonnuci is very good CBr and his instinct for offensive play made him more special. but in term of defense alone he's not even the best from Juve/italy. Barzagli is the best italy's defender, the guy is rock solid. calm, collective, efficient and clever to read opponent game.
        Silva is overrated imo he's been mentally shot ever since 7-1 followed by 3-0 at the hands of the Dutch. He can't even make the national team anymore. I agree Barzagli is better than Bonucci but he's 35 now unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post

Silva is overrated imo he's been mentally shot ever since 7-1 followed by 3-0 at the hands of the Dutch. He can't even make the national team anymore. I agree Barzagli is better than Bonucci but he's 35 now unfortunately.
          why he's shot after germany game? he's not play in that game

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
            why he's shot after germany game? he's not play in that game
            Apologies meant the game VS Chile where he started crying in the penalty shoot out, backed out of taking one when he was meant to then was criticised everywhere for being mentally passive . The 7-1 game showed its effects in the Holland game despite not actually playing, with him committing so many errors and even conceding a penalty by fouling Robben

Comment

• When did everybody start taking these stats company seriously?, this isn't baseball.

Half the stuff these stat companies churn out is complete bollocks and not an accurate reflection of a persons influence on the game at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                When did everybody start taking these stats company seriously?, this isn't baseball.

Half the stuff these stat companies churn out is complete bollocks and not an accurate reflection of a persons influence on the game at all.
                True.

Maldini was so good he hardly ever tackled anyone. Didn't have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  When did everybody start taking these stats company seriously?, this isn't baseball.

Spot on.

Thiago Silva is also playing in France for the only good team in the league, his stats are beyond inflated.

Comment

• Btw, Chile are immense.

Comment

• sigh... there are no after noon match today. can't watch the night match it start at 02.00 am in here.

i'm really old

Comment

Working...
                      X