Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official EURO 2016 thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just watched england hightlights. did anyone see how pissed roy was when vardy scored? what does he have against him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
      Those Croatian morons in the stand cost their team two points. Really fancied them as dark horses given the quality they have but not sure if they'll recover from that. Might need to get something from Spain but they'll field a weakened side. I'm still not 100% convinced by Spain despite the easy win tonight.
      Spain seems to be finding themselves.

Them, the Germans, and the Italians appear to be the class of the field so far. Maybe throw in France as well just because they'll have home advantage throughout.

Comment

• roy made kane the man lol when it should've been vardy. take drinkwater you dumbfuck. take loser mentality rather than winning mentality.

sounds about right for a 70 year old

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Spain seems to be finding themselves.

Them, the Germans, and the Italians appear to be the class of the field so far. Maybe throw in France as well just because they'll have home advantage throughout.
          Germany/Italy are just awesome tournament teams. Even with teams that on paper look average throughout the years they've punched above their weight. They have the right mentality, chemistry and balance. France have some awesome talent in their side, a scary side to play and I think Spain v France would be THE game to watch. One side loves possession/control, the other side just plays a more dynamic style. Spain on paper have so much balance, depth, quality and experience.

Originally posted by Enliven26 View Post
          roy made kane the man lol when it should've been vardy. take drinkwater you dumbfuck. take loser mentality rather than winning mentality.

sounds about right for a 70 year old
          Judging by what we've seen by both players, this game should have suited Kane a whole lot more than Vardy. Vardy plays his best when the defence is higher up the pitch and he can run off the shoulder of the last man. Wales obviously weren't going to play that. Kane is better than Vardy usually when the defence is sitting back because he can shoot from range and create a goal in that situation better. Kane played horrible again and rightfully got subbed off. I liked the subs. Sturridge is the best striker we have when fit. He's quality, combined with Vardy who was stretching their defence and keeping them busy, it was class. I also loved the fearless attitude of Rashford.

Roy is pretty crap but Drinkwater didn't exactly play amazing for England when he played a number of games and who should he have left behind? I personally think he should have left Henderson/Milner behind for Townsend and probably another defender. We have plenty of CDMs.

Comment

• I'm already waiting for the knockout phase, this **** is getting boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enliven26 View Post
              just watched england hightlights. did anyone see how pissed roy was when vardy scored? what does he have against him?
              Interesting, what was his reaction exactly? All the indication is that Sturridge will start the next game and Vardy will not.

Not sure if Slovakia will play for a draw to secure their third place qualification, or if they'll go at us in an attempt to finish second in the group. In the second scenario it would be nice to have JV on the pitch.

Comment

• Sturridge off the ball is a liability.

A good manager and I am not sure Woy is that would see were England's strengths lie and put two up top now.

It would be different if we had a winger playing well but Sterling is a bum.

Lallana can play inside.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 06-18-2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Sturridge off the ball is a liability.

A good manager and I am not sure Woy is that would see were England's strengths lie and put two up top now.

It would be different if we had a winger playing well but Sterling is a bum.

Lallana can play inside.
                  Anyone is better than Sterling, Alli also needs to be dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                    Anyone is better than Sterling, Alli also needs to be dropped.
                    Reckon Wiltshire would have much more impact vs the deep defending teams than Alli. He's just getting crowded out atm.

Saying that his flick to Sturridge for the goal vs Wales was class. I do rate him, vs a team that wants to attack is he might have a bit more success

Comment

• I would give Barkley a go against Slovakia.

The thing with Barkley is he can past players and strike the ball from 25-yards.

Alli has had a phenomenal season but he against a packed defence he doesn't look particularly good. Though he did set up the winner somehow.

The problem with Barkey is that he is also terrible without the ball.

Comment

Working...
                      X