Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does this myth of Green Teefs having green teeth come from, anyway?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said this before but NHS dentists are usually rubbish and don't want to do any non essential work. So when you visit the dentist here, they don't want to do cosmetic work, like braces, crowns, whitening etc.

In america since healthcare isn't free the dentists there are always on the upsell so they want you to pay them for braces, crowns, whitening etc.

I had crooked, uneven teeth for years and my NHS dentist would always make excuses to not do corrective work, eventually I went private and the first check up I had the guy was like OK when can I book you in to get this mouth fixed up and he gave me an "american smile"

Basically the NHS only do the essentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Isn't the way dental plans work in the states the reason for their glow in the dark teeth?

You guys have a sort of allotted budget that you might as well use up. Hence you are more likely to get cosmetic whitening which obviously does nothing for actual oral health.

Most Brits don't whiten their teeth cosmetically.
      No to all of that non sense. Just more proof of the brits poor dental health. It appears you guys don't know the difference between a cleaning and a whitening.

Comment

Originally posted by Nod View Post
        No to all of that non sense. Just more proof of the brits poor dental health. It appears you guys don't know the difference between a cleaning and a whitening.
        I do know the difference.

What I don't know is how your dental system works over there? My understanding was that if you have a dental plan you can have cosmetic type treatments.

Here we obviously get a deep clean every time we go to the dentist. Which is ordinarily every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I do know the difference.

What I don't know is how your dental system works over there? My understanding was that if you have a dental plan you can have cosmetic type treatments.

Here we obviously get a deep clean every time we go to the dentist. Which is ordinarily every 6 months.
          No it's not obvious.

Comment

No it's not obvious.
            You're obviously a ****.

exchange closed.

Comment

No it's not obvious.
              Lmao, god dammmnnn

Comment

I've got teeth like a row of condemned houses