No announcement yet.

Old Man Kobe Bryant Drops 60 PTS in win against Jazz in last Game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Can't agree with that. Kobe's numbers as a Laker surpass everybody on that list and it's not even close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rs_career.html
    Kareem.....6 titles and 6 NBA MVP's > Kobe's 5 and 1 lol

Magic's 5 titles and 3 MVP's over Kobe's 5 and 1

Kobe is there though.

Kareem gets no love lol

He's only the all time points leader, had the single hardest shot to defend ever, won 6 titles, won 6 NBA MVP's, 2 finals MVP's, 15 All NBA Teams, 11 NBA Defensive Teams, 2x Scoring Champion, 4x NBA Blocks leader, 1x Rebounding Champ, etc.

Kareem is the 2nd greatest player ever. He legit averaged at least 20 a game shooting 50-60% from 1969-1986 lol He had longevity like no other player ever really had

And in his prime he was dominant on offense, defense, has all the accolades. The only reason MJ is greater than Kareem is because he has more finals MVP's. That's it.

I'm not minimizing Kobe, I'm just recognizing how incredible Kareem, as well as Magic were.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      considering his age?

how come none of these youngbucks could drop 60 this season?
      Because they never took 50 shots. It was the perfect situation for the perfect player. Hell if Jamal Crawford took 50 shots (26 3's) he would score 60. I don't want to hate on Kobe's moment though, I just think it's a microcosm of his career. Ball hog, made contested shots look easy, unbelievabley clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Elf View Post
        hes the greatest player ive ever seen, mid 30's here ive seen mj play during his great years and whatever 80's stuff that's out there and im tellin u Bryant is the most skilled ive ever seen, I laugh at those who say hes below and magic and kareem though lol

I get the team player stuff and so many great teams have had guys who can score unlike Bryant, honestly a lot of his cast simply sucked im tellin u, hes not the most accurate shooter and that's ok, hes not flawless but hes still the most perfectly packaged player ive ever witnessed..

its not like hes better than mj...I think he would have exterminated Jordan had they went one on one. it sucks he had such bad players during his prime years.. even the bulls won 47 games and 55 games without Jordan..
        He had better players than Jordan did though a good 8-10 seasons...

Comment

And he didn't have to ball hog to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            besides Curry who's on an insane pace and is about to get his 2nd MVP

give me 'all' these youngsters that can do that?

and geez...talk about burying that Kings jersey and exchanging them for Warrior pom poms
            Anthony Davis scored 59 on 34 shots already this season.

Durant, Harden, Klay...maybe Lillard, Boogie, Crawford, Lebron, Melo...

If Durant got the green light and the right opponent he could score 80. Most efficient scorer I've ever seen in modern times.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Because they never took 50 shots. It was the perfect situation for the perfect player. Hell if Jamal Crawford took 50 shots (26 3's) he would score 60. I don't want to hate on Kobe's moment though, I just think it's a microcosm of his career. Ball hog, made contested shots look easy, unbelievabley clutch.
              Just getting off 50 SHOTS is hard.

Most guys can't get that many shots if they wanted.

Comment

Anthony Davis scored 59 on 34 shots already this season.

Durant, Harden, Klay...maybe Lillard, Boogie, Crawford, Lebron, Melo...

If Durant got the green light and the right opponent he could score 80. Most efficient scorer I've ever seen in modern times.
                If he took that many shots he wouldn't be efficient

Comment

Jordan had pip his WHOLE CAREER.

only teammate kobe had better than pip is shaq. And that was for only 7 of 20 yrs.

Please spare me the mj didn't have great teammates bs.

Comment

Was MJ a ball hog too??? Both he and Kobe averaged the same amount of assists per game, and MJ attempted nearly 3 more shots per game than Kobe lol

It's called shooting guard. Averaging 5 assists a game there is pretty good, and Kobe ALWAYS played well off others when he had talent around him. You're right, Kobe was a ball hog during years when he was devoid of talent around him.

Comment

The only player Kobe had better than Pippen was Shaq, and he went to 4 finals, winning 3 with him. MJ had Pippen for a decade. Kobe and Shaq were together at their peaks or primes for about 5-6 years. Don't get me wrong, Pau Gasol is a Hall of Fame player in his own right, but he is no Scottie Pippen in terms of greatness.

MJ > Kobe for sure. I don't even think Kobe is the 1st or 2nd best Laker of all time. But Kobe is a Top 10 player all time, and the 2nd best 2 guard ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X