No announcement yet.

Best Hip-Hop movies of all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Hip-Hop movies of all-time

Hip-Hop movies includes any movie with with a rapper as a lead character and/or the plot of the is centered around hip hop
    Beat Street
    5.56%
    Wild Style
    0.00%
    Krush Grove
    0.00%
    Bout It
    5.56%
    Juice
    22.22%
    8 Mile
    5.56%
    Paid N Full
    22.22%
    Straight Outta Compton
    11.11%
    Notorious
    0.00%
    Other (post in comments)
    27.78%

CB4

Comment

Juice and 8 Mile for me.

Comment

Can't believe you actually left out Boyz N Da Hood. It has Ice Cube in it so it should be considered a Hip Hop movie, plus it has a big cult following in the hip hop community, and it has been the target of many references in hip hop songs. **** The Game made a song called Ricky based on the part of the movie where Ricky dies lol.

That is the exact equivalent of asking who are the greatest boxers of all time and leaving out Sugar Ray Robinson, come on a.t.

Of the list though, Juice, Paid In Full, and Straight Outta Compton were legit good films in general, forget about specifically putting them under hip hop only. Well written, well directed. Those were not some C level black starring films. Those were A level crime movies, and SOC was an A level biographical.

Comment

Daaamn just looked up Hip Hop movies and Above The Rim came up, decent movie.

Tupac the GOAT rapper/actor. Bullet, Juice, Gang Related, Gridlock'd...damn Tupac was in some legit good films I saw as a kid lol.

Comment

Comment

Comment

my top three are

Juice

Boyz n the hood

Paid in Full

and if you've watched Paid in Full and liked it I recommend you to watch the Documentary Game Over I believe is on you tube

Last edited by -jose-; 03-11-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I don't know about all these gangster dramas and stuff, but the best hip hop movie of all time is clearly How High.

Nice to see Beat Street mentioned. I loved that movie as a kid.

It's working, it's working. All the people in the house if you ready to rock than let me hear you scream. Now if you really really came to party, than let me hear everybody, say "We came to partay! We came to partay!" Now clap, now everybody clap...

That movie pretty much had it all with regards to hip hop. DJ'ing, breaking, break battles, Ramo's graffiti, Spit the tagger. Loved that movie.
                  Last edited by North Star; 03-11-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Breakin' 1

Comment

Working...
                    X