No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Please note that the UK has taken precious few migrants.
    Up to this point maybe but the point is now the UK will have control of their own immigration policies instead of being slaves to the horrendous EU policies. This is about protecting the future of the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
      Up to this point maybe but the point is now the UK will have control of their own immigration policies instead of being slaves to the horrendous EU policies. This is about protecting the future of the UK.
      So the UK didn't take any (or precious few) last year and now they have 'taken control' meaning that they will take even less? Are you sure? Maybe they will have to take more syrians now that they stand on their own?

Last edited by BattlingNelson; 06-24-2016, 06:04 AM.

Comment

So the UK didn't take any (or precious few) last year and now they have 'taken control' meaning that they will take even less? Are you sure? Maybe they will have to take more syrians now that they stand on their own?

Asylum seekers.

Immigration reached record levels last year.

Comment

I don't see what your point is. The important thing here is that the UK will have control over their own immigration policies now. The UK is the greatest nation in Europe they should be making their own decisions.

Comment

I don't see what your point is. The important thing here is that the UK will have control over their own immigration policies now. The UK is the greatest nation in Europe they should be making their own decisions.
            Maybe I misunderstood your point. I was thinking that you where adressing the migrant crisis, but maybe you where talking about migration to the UK from EU member states? Is that so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Asylum seekers.

Immigration reached record levels last year.
              ding ding ding

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood your point. I was thinking that you where adressing the migrant crisis, but maybe you where talking about migration to the UK from EU member states? Is that so?
                Yes I wasn't just speaking on the migrant crisis it was about immigration in general

Comment

I don't know if the UK is the 'greatest' in europe, but you can be of the opinion that the great nations of Europe (and consequently all nations) should make their own decisions. A nice thought.

Just bear in mind that the EU is the main reason as to why there's been so Little conflict in europe since WW2. In fact that's the main reason IMO for the EU to exist.

If no EU there would be a significantly higher risk of conflict and surely a significant drop in Growth and wealth.

Comment

Yes I wasn't just speaking on the migrant crisis it was about immigration in general
                    Fair enough.

Due note that there's about 1M brits working in europe getting all the social benefits as the Citizens of the country they live in. Now they will have to pay by themselves.

Comment

I don't know if the UK is the 'greatest' in europe, but you can be of the opinion that the great nations of Europe (and consequently all nations) should make their own decisions. A nice thought.

Just bear in mind that the EU is the main reason as to why there's been so Little conflict in europe since WW2. In fact that's the main reason IMO for the EU to exist.

If no EU there would be a significantly higher risk of conflict and surely a significant drop in Growth and wealth.
                      The bolded part is what I feel is the most important issue.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Fair enough.

Due note that there's about 1M brits working in europe getting all the social benefits as the Citizens of the country they live in. Now they will have to pay by themselves.
                      I understand that and that's unfortunate for them, but should the people of the UK continue living under policies they don't agree with just so they don't inconvenience 1 million Brits who don't even live in Britain?

Comment

Working...
                      X