Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not just economically either. Whats now to stop the EU ushering those huge migration camps across this side of the channel? They are trying to get here anyway, why should they now keep them in France at great expense to themselves?

I know you guys are all happy you got the decision you wanted, but you cant act like we are in some stable position where the future looks rosy no matter what. The next decisions taken in the next few years are going to be huge

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Is there any appetite for a referendum in Denmark? If so, how would it go?
      The anti-EU predictably calls for a referendum. The liberal government says ot wont happen.

I also do not think it will happen and I dont think it's in the best interest of my country to make an exit. At least not on the short term. However if the EU does not change its course and gets alligned with the populations the EU will collapse.

You ask what a result a refernedum would be. I reckon it would be a stay, but Denmark has always been very sceptical about the EU and has had several referendums through the years. It's always fairly close. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Comment

Yeah, but nothing happens for at least 2 years which gives them time to smooth the path. Plus, the Germans always suit themselves, they'll ride roughshod over the others anyway.

Apparently the only country that actually wants to see Britain punished is France, go figure.
        Germans suit themselves? Are you joking? The germans have paid by far the most in the introduction of the euro and Again in the greece crisis.

This while the brits said 'I want my Money back'.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The anti-EU predictably calls for a referendum. The liberal government says ot wont happen.

I also do not think it will happen and I dont think it's in the best interest of my country to make an exit. At least not on the short term. However if the EU does not change its course and gets alligned with the populations the EU will collapse.

You ask what a result a refernedum would be. I reckon it would be a stay, but Denmark has always been very sceptical about the EU and has had several referendums through the years. It's always fairly close. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
          Sounds a lot like the UK attitude. Merkel pushed us over the edge.

I heard it's similar in the Netherlands.

Comment

• See this mostly as a wake up call. The politicians, elite, are forced to deal with this kind of message. It's a sign and result of how dysfunctional the EU project has become as a whole over the last many years. Therefore I see it as a positive thing even if we're heading for uncertain times in many ways.

Also, this is very much an English vote. The vast majority of London voted stay while rural UK and such all wanted out. It's this part of Britain voicing their disdain today.

Comment

Sounds a lot like the UK attitude. Merkel pushed us over the edge.

I heard it's similar in the Netherlands.
              The last three referendums in the EU:

Netherlands: No
              Denmark: No
              UK: No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                See this mostly as a wake up call. The politicians, elite, are forced to deal with this kind of message. It's a sign and result of how dysfunctional the EU project has become as a whole over the last many years. Therefore I see it as a positive thing even if we're heading for uncertain times in many ways.

Also, this is very much an English vote. The vast majority of London voted stay while rural UK and such all wanted out. It's this part of Britain voicing their disdain today.
                In general, England and Wales (minus London) voted out. Scotland and NI voted remain.

Already chatter about another Scottish referendum. Doubt it happens this soon though. Dem things are expensive, and people get weary

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  In general, England and Wales (minus London) voted out. Scotland and NI voted remain.

Already chatter about another Scottish referendum. Doubt it happens this soon though. Dem things are expensive, and people get weary
                  If it becomes heavily political NI will switch too, they will choose the UK every time over the EU. A lot of the Unionist areas were already voting Leave.

Scotland is the only real risk and like you I don't think they're going to be given another referendum any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

The right wing parties in France, Holland, Denmark will be pulling for a referendum too now.. this can potentially tear everything apart and will certainly shake things up seriously.

Comment

• Scotland isn't really going to vote to leave the UK because of Europe, nobody gives a **** about Europe here, the idiots just do whatever their union bosses tell them. Most Scottish people know the moment they leave the UK their free healthcare, education and benefits will stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X