Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self-Segregation What Does It Accomplish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Segregation What Does It Accomplish?

Self-Segregation what does it accomplish, I would think that would be a step back and not progress.

Right now the big issue (non-issue just entertainment news really) is Blacks boycotting the Oscars etc but what will that accomplish? Now every award they win from the oscars will have to come with an asterisk on it right? for instance "did they win it for their merits as an actor or actress or were the Oscars etc simply appeasing the black population and filling their quota of X amount of blacks must win".

and this thread is not just about the Oscar but more deeply about the root issue of Self-Segregation and what does it accomplish, I can not see any benefits from it other than to pacify themselves.

its the equivalent of saying "gimmie what I want or im going to throw a fit till you do"

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
    Now every award they win from the oscars will have to come with an asterisk on it right?
    Exactly right. They just ruined it for the black actors who aren't race-card peddling idiots like them.

Comment

Well look around, actors like George Clooney and Mark Ruffalo have spoken out as well. Cheryl Boone Isaacs the president of the Academy, has also expressed disappointment.

You see nothing wrong when a movie like for example Creed, has three main guys..the director Ryan Coogler, the star Michael B. Jordan, and the co star Stallone. And the director who is black, and the star who is black, get no mention of their performances in the Oscars, but Stallone for some reason gets nominated for supporting actor. His performance was head and shoulders above everyone else in the film, so he gets the honors, and the other guys just happen to be black, just a coincidence.

You will not be betraying your race/nationality if you point out the obvious. It will not make you black if you talk about it in a light that favors black actors. Admitting what is wrong will not mean you like black people. I am Hispanic, i'm a tanned/light skin guy. It's okay to talk about the issue, you don't have to always, in NSB and lounge, always favor a certain race over the other for every single issue, and accuse people of puling the race card for real life social issues.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
        Self-Segregation what does it accomplish, I would think that would be a step back and not progress.

Right now the big issue (non-issue just entertainment news really) is Blacks boycotting the Oscars etc but what will that accomplish? Now every award they win from the oscars will have to come with an asterisk on it right? for instance "did they win it for their merits as an actor or actress or were the Oscars etc simply appeasing the black population and filling their quota of X amount of blacks must win".

and this thread is not just about the Oscar but more deeply about the root issue of Self-Segregation and what does it accomplish, I can not see any benefits from it other than to pacify themselves.

its the equivalent of saying "gimmie what I want or im going to throw a fit till you do"
        You must go to bed dreaming about black people....

It (lack of diversity amongst the AA nominators) has been an issue for a while - it's just peculiar timing by Jada. Too bad everyone is so scared of losing the blind support of that black folks trillion that when we say BOO people want to accommodate us. Don't hate the power, hate the power brokers.

On the flip side - are they chosing the white actors because of their merits, or is it because they're white?
        Last edited by Mike Haynes; 01-22-2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Well look around, actors like George Clooney and Mark Ruffalo have spoken out as well. Cheryl Boone Isaacs the president of the Academy, has also expressed disappointment.

You see nothing wrong when a movie like for example Creed, has three main guys..the director Ryan Coogler, the star Michael B. Jordan, and the co star Stallone. And the director who is black, and the star who is black, get no mention of their performances in the Oscars, but Stallone for some reason gets nominated for supporting actor. His performance was head and shoulders above everyone else in the film, so he gets the honors, and the other guys just happen to be black, just a coincidence.

You will not be betraying your race/nationality if you point out the obvious. It will not make you black if you talk about it in a light that favors black actors. Admitting what is wrong will not mean you like black people. I am Hispanic, i'm a tanned/light skin guy. It's okay to talk about the issue, you don't have to always, in NSB and lounge, always favor a certain race over the other for every single issue, and accuse people of puling the race card for real life social issues.
          You're an afro latino, stop lyin'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
            You must go to bed dreaming about black people....

It (lack of diversity amongst the AA nominators) has been an issue for a while - it's just peculiar timing by Jada. Too bad everyone is so scared of losing the blind support of that black folks trillion that when we say BOO people want to accommodate us. Don't hate the power, hate the power brokers.

On the flip side - are they chosing the white actors because of their merits, or is it because they're white?
            But hollywood winners have been like 12% in the last 20 years which is perfectly in line with their population...

Comment

I love watching BET when I wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                You're an afro latino, stop lyin'
                I am not, but it's ok I don't mind you thinking I am afro latino, it's a different view from the same old "you look puerto rican" in person. I don't mind being black on a website to be honest, i'll be black on here, blacker than my boy Prettyboy32. I am curious though, why do you say it like if it's an insult? There's nothing wrong with the black/brown skin color. Do you feel that it would offend me?

Comment

I'm so black I make Terrence Crawford look pale.

Comment

Yo momma so dumb, she threw herself out the window and fell up.

(This wasn't directed at anyone in particular)

Comment

Working...
                    X