No announcement yet.

**** Bernie Sanders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
    Not only that, but IIRC it wasn't even an official Bernie Sanders rally, but an event he had been invited to speak at. Trying to come off like he owned the joint would have been a bad look.

I do disagree that Bernie is considering Hillary as a running mate, though. I don't see the two as compatible at all. Sanders most likely sees her as part of the problem, and even if by some strange chance he doesn't, huge numbers of his supporters do. He'd ruin his credibility.

I would say Elizabeth Warren is a more likely VP pick, but they may feel she's more helpful in the Senate.
    I don't disagree with that...but in the end if Hillary (and Bill) can bring enough needed votes (and I'm not sure yet) to win...then it might be something he has to consider...and so he might be exercising caution about discrediting her.

Comment

Sanders/Warren would beat Trump/Palin by probably 40+ states despite having a combined age of more than 142. Rather sickening that we can't do better in a country of 320 odd million.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
        I don't think you're getting what actually happened. Sanders never said it wasn't an issue or that she shouldn't be investigated, he said let the investigation run its course and in the meantime let's talk about substantive issues.

That was a good move, not a bad one. He gets to look like a stand-up guy who cares about the issues affecting real people, all without actually excusing her actions. Win-win.

As I said above, it wasn't even a Sanders event. Showing up to an event that isn't all about you and having people thrown off stage wouldn't have projected "strength", and the only people to whom this is an electability issue are a tiny minority who probably wouldn't have voted for him anyway.

Trump could very well win the nomination, I'll give you that. Especially if he wins Iowa, or even if he simply finishes a close second. He'll definitely win NH.

But the momentum is with Bernie now. Clinton's leads in national polls are shrinking, her lead in Iowa is all but erased, and she's possibly falling further behind in New Hampshire. If Sanders wins both of those, all bets are off. The attention he would get could very well change things drastically in the states that follow. He's already closing the gap in Nevada.

Sanders' style isn't about being "a towering figure of strength" or a "strong leader". It's not that he doesn't have leadership qualities, but his whole message is about creating a movement. You're trying to compare the style of two guys who are absolutely nothing alike.

You also didn't address the point that Trump is absolutely the worst possible general election candidate.
        I'm just saying he had a perfect opportunity to differentiate himself from Hillary and instead let her off the hook. You just can't do that with someone like Hillary. You need you attack on every point because you can be d*mn sure she'll use every slimey nasty tactic possible to burry Sanders and win the nomination.

It wasn't a good move to back away and give up his podium because of the cacophony of BLM protestors barging in. It doesn't paint a pretty picture and show's someone more inept than Obama to standing tall against radical far left controversies. The country buy and large is not sympathetic to BLM's ridiculous influence in ripping cities apart in wake of tragedies.

Iowa is going to be interesting and even with being ahead in the polls, it doesn't really hold an accurate account to where the votes are going to go. It's all about which caucus goers turn out and who they vote for. Not really which candidate a private citizen "would" vote for. Iowa also usually surprises people.

These early states are looking good for Bernie but I think as time goes by states will side with Clinton as a safer choice to landing the presidency.

I'm not surprised at all that Trump is being analyzed to be the weakest candidate going into the general. But what people are finally coming to terms with is he transcends conventional political wisdom. He has been doing the whole media thing longer than most pundits and anchors have been alive. He's a professional and so far in his campaign, he's executed it masterfully. Nobody thought he'd ever break above 15% or 20% back in August. It was just his max, he couldn't break that ceiling. Then it was 25% and then low 30%. Now he has a commanding lead in every state. Even states like Iowa where the evangelical support baffles pundits from both sides of the political spectrum. Rubio and Bush are banking on going to war and landing SC. I personally don't think they have a shadow of a chance. It will be another case where Trump will run the tables. Basically what I am saying is, after Trump wins the nomination, things change. He will set his sights on the democratic nominee and will devise his approach to beating them. There's a reason Hillary doesn't want to respond to Trump right now and its simple. He is the last person she wants to be center stage with in the general election debates.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          the GOP suits doesn't represent all conservatives, their beef with him is that trump is a closet democrat. meanwhile there are tens of thousands conservative voters at every trump rally. are you sure you're in the real world?
          I'm definitely in the real world. Trump is catering and pandering to the CORE of what makes the Republican party the Republican party. It's awesome. In a way, the nihilistic part of me wants him to win.

Comment

Phuck the government, they ruin everything

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              It's looking more like Trump vs Sanders as Sanders is pulling away from Clinton...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politi...orc/index.html
              That is just one poll. She is still leading him overall on many different polls added up, 52% to 36%.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...cratic-primary

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                That is just one poll. She is still leading him overall on many different polls added up, 52% to 36%.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...cratic-primary
                Have a look at New Hampshire...RCP has it 51.6% vs 39.8% for Sanders based on a 5 poll average with Sanders ahead in all 5 polls. Say what you will but he's gaining on her.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-3351.html

They also have Iowa much closer...47.9% Clinton vs 41.5% Sanders...

There is one particular poll from Loras College that seems very much out of whack compared to the others (+29% Clinton) that I think distorts the average...so bare that in mind. But we will see soon enough.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ucus-3195.html
                Last edited by jaded; 01-24-2016, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Have a look at New Hampshire...RCP has it 51.6% vs 39.8% for Sanders based on a 5 poll average with Sanders ahead in all 5 polls. Say what you will be he's gaining on her.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-3351.html

They also have Iowa much closer...47.9% Clinton vs 41.5% Sanders...

There is one particular poll from Loras College that seems very much out of whack compared to the others (+29% Clinton) that I think distorts the average...so bare that in mind. But we will see soon enough.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ucus-3195.html
                  I hope he beats her. Would love to see marijuana legalized. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X