No announcement yet.

Lets be honest we are heading for a recession worse than 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice try at the end there.

This makes more sense. You are probably smoking cigs at the gas station you work at, making bets with your bud, while trolling BS together.

I understand economics much better than you, but I find it tiresome to debate with nobodies; it's a bit like discussing work on my time off.

I've made enough points in the thread, and I have no desire to offer a point-by-point refutation of all the nonsense you have spouted.

If that seems like I'm caving in to you, so be it.

To me, it is a case of I really can't be arsed.

I'll repeat though that in what I have stated, there's been enough to refute your nonsense.

Comment

• If you really want to, post your specific points, and I might give my thoughts.

I'm not going to trudge through your old posts though.

What I've mostly seen is Reagan was good, Obama sucks.

I've said both guys suck, but Reagan sucked much more; with plenty of nuance, of course (these are indeed complex topics).

It's hard for me to discuss politics and economics with a smug douche bag like yourself.

"Listen to those with education." Lol, take your own advise.

"Listen to those with experience." I have a blackbelt in judo and was a member of a state championship wrestling team, who placed highly individually, and was a match away from the finals. I have plenty of experience.

By the way, I also boxed competitively.

Did you?

Stop being such a douche bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Road Warrior View Post
        A couple of brainwashed morons pick up guns so we should send troops all the way across the world, makes sense.

Radicalized islam will not be irradicated thtough bombing. They need to change their ideology from within. Sheet Israel n Palestine been at it for 50 years, still fighting over the same thing.

ISIS is a boogey man, they always had one handy for election time.

The amount of people that die in the US due to car accidents is gotta be 100 fold, but nobody is treating it like a plague.

ISIS cant do sheet to us, just accept it and move on. Let people who armed them deal with them.
        An ISIS supporter just shot a cop 3 times right in Philly a few days ago. They can attack anywhere and the more refugees that we let enter, the higher the risk that ISIS infiltrators will take advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Some more for the ignorant:
          Recessions Since 1950 and Party in WH at Onset

Jul 1953 - May 1954 Republican
          Aug 1957 - Apr 1958 Republican
          Apr 1960 - Feb 1961 Republican
          Dec 1969 - Nov 1970 Republican
          Nov 1973 - Mar 1975 Republican
          Jan 1980 - July 1980 Democrat
          Jul 1981 - Nov 1982 Republican
          Jul 1990 - Mar 1991 Republican
          Mar 2001 - Nov 2001 Republican with republican controlled Congress
          Dec 2007- Jun 2009 Republican with Republican controlled congress

There have been 22 recessions since 1900.

16 have started under Republican leadership, 6 under Democrat leadership and the 2 worst 1929 and now when Repubs had control of WH and congress for more than 8 years(the only times in history)
          http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

Given repub economic history, the 2 largest depressions in our history, the only 2 times they have had control of congress and WH for more than 8 years.. why does anyone listen to them on economics, when they never show supporting economic data.. just beliefs.

In the last 12 years of Repub presidents... created just 747K private jobs or about 3 Months under Obama...

Reagan their best( excluding IKE, a progressive, pro FDR New Deal), created jobs at a 25% lower rate than Carter, and to do that he trippled deficits and debt, doubled the size of government and government employees!
          Trump's a hardcore businessman and his goal is to get results, not *****foot around and be nice. Bill Clinton is a nice guy... then signed Glass Steagall and rewrote the CRA, which caused the 2008 housing crisis. He also signed NAFTA which cost us millions of jobs and over $150 BILLION per year in trade. WTF! That could have been going to our country, our roads, our vets, Social Security. Gone. Obama is a nice guy... and black and minority total income and net worth has gone down during his 8 years. The debt has increase $10 TRILLION DOLLARS under him. Insurance premiums and deductibles have gone up, up, up with his Obamacare. We're back to Cold War status with Russia, and North Korea is on the verge of getting nukes. **** nice guys, it's time to get **** done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Road Warrior View Post
            A couple of brainwashed morons pick up guns so we should send troops all the way across the world, makes sense.

Radicalized islam will not be irradicated thtough bombing. They need to change their ideology from within. Sheet Israel n Palestine been at it for 50 years, still fighting over the same thing.

ISIS is a boogey man, they always had one handy for election time.

The amount of people that die in the US due to car accidents is gotta be 100 fold, but nobody is treating it like a plague.

ISIS cant do sheet to us, just accept it and move on. Let people who armed them deal with them.
            Yea so let's just wait for them so we can fight them on our soil....yea I don't ****ing think so. ISIS has grown exponentially and are now world wide. They are an established caliphate and our gaining support from Muslims who aren't even from the region. They are our sworn enemy. Our country is too precious to risk it's survival on something so clear and present. America is our last best hope for man on earth. Either use peace through strength or surrender, possibly sending our children into a thousand years of darkness. Liberty must be defended at all cost for the sake of our future

Comment

• Absolutely we headed for another recession. You can't just keep interest rates low and artificially growing the economy creating bubbles.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Only one way to find out, and you're avoiding that.

that wasn't a point, it was me explaining to you that spending was the main reson for the deficits as opposed to revenue. BTW, I'm still waiting on you to prove your assertion concerning revenue, "corporate income tax" revenue, specifically....

I don't recall making claims about the budget deficit vs the the current account deficit.

If you disagree, quote me please.
                The deficits are systemic and will continue. The US economy is completely fucked. There is no optimistic future.

In terms of non-business as usual, most of Obama's spending has been attempts to counter the recession (misguided attempts), and most of the net-loss (comparatively speaking) was due to the drop in tax revenue.

Comment

• I actually would not advise against buying gold, at this point. Or, if you are very savvy, perhaps buying assets denominated in foreign currencies.

Me? I'm pretty broke and won't be doing either.

Comment

• Or buying farms, and other such tangible assets.

If you have the cash, that's probably the best thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      Nice try at the end there.
                      Huh? I'm just giving you every chance to attempt a rebuttal to my points.

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      This makes more sense. You are probably smoking cigs at the gas station you work at, making bets with your bud, while trolling BS together.
                      Again, cut the insults. As to what I do for a living, I've covered that multiple times over. I work in high tech as an engineer. I make well over the median income for the city I live in.

Now I did work in a few gas stations in my younger days when I was in college. Also, why would you use a job as an insult? Shouldn't we respect all labor, and everyone that works? Why knock those who don't have high paying jobs?

I understand economics much better than you, but I find it tiresome to debate with nobodies; it's a bit like discussing work on my time off.
                      Yes, you've used this cop-out twice now.

Again, prove it.

I've made enough points in the thread, and I have no desire to offer a point-by-point refutation of all the nonsense you have spouted.
                      Again, I highly suggest Debate course when you reach HS, or if you've graduated HS, take it at your local CC.

If that seems like I'm caving in to you, so be it.
                      You're not caving, you're ducking.

I don't expect you to 'cave', whatever that means in a debate. I expect you to continue to post until I win my bet!

To me, it is a case of I really can't be arsed.
                      See you soon!!

I'll repeat though that in what I have stated, there's been enough to refute your nonsense.
                      Nope. You're up for a rebuttal, but so far have been completely unable to provide one.

Comment

Working...
                      X