No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
    Why do you love manga and hate anime's? You even hate the anime thats loyal to the manga too?
    the bright sparking color, repetitive move and over dramatic in action scene, high pitchied MC voice.

upthere just vew example why i dislike anime.

just few days a go i download one punch man anime can't even get finished one episode eventhough i really love the manga original or the yusuuke murata version.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
      lol glad im not the only one. I dont know why but i feel embarrassed watching it though. Might be the skimpy transformation. But great plot and characters though. What did you think of the ending?
      Man that anime changed my world lol. It literally had everything you could want, action, comedy, a gripping story, and one hell of a twist. The ending, especially with the twist of the main character, was freaking awesome. I definitely didn't expect it and it put the show into my list of "must watched".

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
        If you like nice lighthearted comedy you should check out the Barakamon anime. They did a great job with the adaptation.
        nah... already own the manga, the first 5 volume was great the later not so much

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Man that anime changed my world lol. It literally had everything you could want, action, comedy, a gripping story, and one hell of a twist. The ending, especially with the twist of the main character, was freaking awesome. I definitely didn't expect it and it put the show into my list of "must watched".
          hahah yeah it had everything. In a way its pretty underated not many people mention it. Have you seen the OVA? It was pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Seven deadly sins is also a good Shonen anime that's on Netflix right now.

Pretty good, but deviates from the manga a little from the anime ending.... but still good.

**** everybody else... I like Sword Art Online... but I can see why people hate that ****.

Rewatching Parasyte right now periodically... but goddamn, mofos getting rekt left and right

ALso... just throwing it out there...Gantz was one of the best/most disappointing Manga's i've read. Way to start out strong and just fizzle
            Gantz man, it still hurts me but despite all that, still in my top 3.

For those unwilling to read anything very long, read a Manga called Arigatou, it's about a father who does everything in his power to keep his family together. You want to talk about a dysfunctional family, MY GOD. Warning, it's very explicit.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
              Just finished reading Himizu by Furuya minoru, what a great manga.

Himizu is a story of hopelessness and ultimatums. It gives you a third person view on the compromises we make to ourselves and how it affects our outlet on life. Reading Himizu reminded me more about reality than I would have liked. You will find no fantasies or dreams in Himizu, only the cold hard truth.

"Wouldn't it be awful if all dreams came true? If all 15,000 eggs that came from one crab hatched. Wouldn't that be awful? The world would be full of crabs!". This is Himizu. The darkest, most depressing comedic manga there ever was, and probably ever will be.

The story is brilliantly simple. We follow Sumida, a 3rd year middle schooler, who's only goal in life is to be as normal as possible. That's easier said than done. Sumida is constantly put into situations that are anything but normal. And how he reacts to these situations makes Himizu one of the best manga I've ever read. Sumida's thought process is as hilarious as it is depressing as it is interesting. Not to mention the other characters' unique ways of thinking. For in Himizu the characters steal the show. You won't so much care what's going on as long as you know what the characters are thinking while its happening.
              Himizu was great, really really enjoyed, those are the kind of Mangas I look for when I'm not in the mood to read something very long. The Arigatou/ Himizu-types.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Himizu was great, really really enjoyed, those are the kind of Mangas I look for when I'm not in the mood to read something very long. The Arigatou/ Himizu-types.
                it was intense, at volume 3 i got scared and only finished a week later.

have you read bradherley no basha yet?? it's only one volume but this one volume will churn your emotion like never before. is from the same author as blade the immortal.

you can download or read it here
                http://mangatraders.org/manga/?serie...uploader=qyosu

just register to download

Comment

I might read some of these after i finish my anime run.

Oh my god.... Oreimo is so damn hard to watch w/o cringing every 5 minutes..... but I gotta finish it

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    I might read some of these after i finish my anime run.

Oh my god.... Oreimo is so damn hard to watch w/o cringing every 5 minutes..... but I gotta finish it
                    You should, you also should read prison school. is the only manga i eagerly wait these day

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                      You should, you also should read prison school. is the only manga i eagerly wait these day
                      I might start reading that too. Anime was fun, but don't want to wait too long for the OVA to come out in March

Comment

Working...
                      X