No announcement yet.

Whose your favorite president ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now PUTIN!
    He'll kick everyone's nuts to get what he want.

For American Prez Reagan JFK and FDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      My favorite was Reagan. He did so many great things for the country. To start he created the war on drugs that basically destroyed the black family by incarcerating black men disproportionately to any other group.
      Just shut up. What destroyed the black family was black 'men' refusing to raise their children. Blacks lead all races when it comes children born out of wedlock, I believe the number is over 70%.

And fyi, the war on drugs started long before Reagan. You're again showing your complete ignorance in terms of US History.

I also love the way he used social security funds and put them in the treasury to pay back the deficit he created.
      Source please. And please then address why you are not condemning other Presidents for doing that.

His dealings in Iran Contra pretty much speaks for itself. Selling arms to our enemy, using those finds to fund right wing extremists in Nicaragua and then Bush pardoning all the criminals who were involved. What outstanding person he was.
      Reagan was never indicted or charged, much less convicted. Even the Democrats running the investigation said there was no evidence Reagan was involved.

I think my favorite was his support for apartheid in South Africa. He didn't want pass sanctions on De Klerk. What is better than supporting a super racist govt?
      He never supported apartheid. Just more lies from you, unless you can source that assertion. And fyi, not putting sanctions on does not alone show he supported their policies. You're reaching, again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Just shut up. What destroyed the black family was black 'men' refusing to raise their children. Blacks lead all races when it comes children born out of wedlock, I believe the number is over 70%.
        Wait, are you claiming black people are capable of making their own choices and taking responsibility for their own lives? That's racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          Wait, are you claiming black people are capable of making their own choices and taking responsibility for their own lives? That's racist.
          This is a strawman argument. Nobody is saying people shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. That is why we have the most people incarcerated in planet earth. You commit crimes, and we punish you with prison.

Saying that there are two choices here that people like you run away from when it comes to the reality that blacks do commit more crimes than any other ethnic group in the country.

Choice #1

Black people are inferior to everyone else. They don't have the intelligence, or capability to live peaceful with the rest of us. They cannot excel in our society.

Choice #2

Many black people have been subject to hundreds of years of injustice, low expectations, failed policies by our govt and the most important...the destruction of the black family in America has caused the decline of black youths.

I'm not saying we shouldn't punish people. I'm not saying people shouldn't be held to the same standard regardless of race. I'm saying that either you think something is inherently wrong with black people and they are inferior.

Or there are other mitigating factors that have caused cycles of ignorance, poverty, violence, drug use, illiteracy, unemployment and teenage pregnancy in the black community.

So tell me which one is it? Or is it something else that I'm missing. I'm sick of people hiding their racism behind comments like this.

Comment

the Great Ferdinand Marcos

Comment

Comment

Ronald Reagan, because he told me I could stay.

Comment

This is a strawman argument.
                  Actually it's sarcasm.

Once again, I have to tell you not to use words you don't know the meaning of. It only shows your ignorance, and makes you look insecure about your ignorance to boot. But feel free to keep embarrassing yourself if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    In my life time, Reagan without question.

No, he did not. TOTAL debt increased every year under Clinton, which is not possible had there been a true surplus or balanced budget.

The link below explains the accounting gimmicks and outright falsehoods used by those who claim there was a Clinton surplus:

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16
                    Even without the gimmicks...the record shows that the Federal Govt ran deficits during his entire first term, and the "budget surpluses" only came in his 2nd term, hence why the National Debt went up in total during the 90's like it always has...since Dwight Eisenhower was president. Dwight D...the last president under which the national debt actually went down in real terms.

Sometimes I think a lot of these ppl...including the poster you replied to suffer from the Jon Stewart syndrome:

Comment

Off the top of my head, Andrew Jackson was a great president, in some ways. He stood up to Nicholas Biddle, and the American Central bank, which responded by plunging the American Economy into recession. He also 'wiped' the American national debt.
                      However, the Indian Removal act is a stain on American History.

Thomas Jefferson was the best of the best, though, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X