Whose your favorite president ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the...under-clinton/

Clinton did balance the budget, even if it didn't last much longer after he was gone.
    That's not TOTAL debt.

FYI, California did pretty much the same thing when Jerry Brown was able to claim he had a surplus in CA despite TOTAL debt rising the year he claimed a surplus. It's basic Math guys. Keep up.

Let me try a simple analogy. I'm running a household deficits, and in November it was $300. In December I put off making my $500 Mustang GT payment. Did I have a surplus in December?

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      I am so entirely not surprised you are a rightwinger, lol.
      I'm not a right-winger.

More ignorance on your part, and there's really no excuse for it as I've had to tell Cuah dozens of times I'm not one. Pay attention.

Comment

Lol at resorting to semantics.
        No semantics at all. You're just wrong again. Deal with it. Maybe listen to those educated and experienced in the topics/issues and it won't keep happening.

IT and 'dot-coms' are two completely different animals. Don't get mad I had to teach you that. If anything, thank me for increasing your knowledge. you learned something. Be happy, not mad.

You don't know what you are talking about.
        Actually I do, as shown when I had to explain the difference between IT and a dot-com company.

Funny thing, you use to have your 'icompete' sig. I checked it once. You were flirting with teenagers.
        Do what?!?!

And please, stop resorting to ad hominem attacks, outright falsehoods and accusations, and name-calling. If you can't hang based on facts, just let me know and I'll go elsewhere. If I wanted to have an insult lobbing contest I'd look up Cuah. I expect more out of you. Please, don't disappoint.

Comment

My source actually responded to this very claim and showed it to be false. Put simply, they used the same accounting gimmicks the government did. That accounting allowed the Government to literally borrow from itself to achieve the 'surpluses'. And yes, they raided from other government en****** besides SS.

Here is the full source:
          http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/30
          Last edited by 1bad65; 12-21-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            My source actually responded to this very claim and showed it to be false. Put simply, they used the same accounting gimmicks the government did. That accounting allowed the Government to literally borrow from itself to achieve the 'surpluses'. And yes, they raided from other government en****** besides SS.

Here is the full source:
            http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/30
            Can you site a source that is unbiased please.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
              Can you site a source that is unbiased please.
              My source used government figures. It's legit, which is why you cannot refute it.

As I said before, ad hominem attacks don't cut it in a debate. Such is fallacy, and fallacy cannot be used in debate. Again, basic Debate guys.

Comment

I'm trying!

Look, I don't want to come off as some know-it-all prig, but I would like to see some response about the greatest President that have the depth of analysis that mine have. Hell, these things take some work!

Also, I am ready to admit that I can't actually say who are the greatest Presidents -- why? because I have simply never studied them all (and I bet no one else has either). Like Jefferson and Monroe (and even Washington) -- Hell, I know very little about them.

I am pretty confident that the criteria I mention are the correct ones to evaluate a President -- so here is the challenge: If you think a particular President is the man, then evaluate his Presidency with the criteria I give. You know, like YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

Show me your ****, so to speak!

Comment

Can we get out of the weeds??

Look, let's just get a few nuggets stored in the cooler, so to speak. Then we can get on with things. So, can everyone respond to the question was GWB a complete screw-up and a terrible President or not? Just post your response. EVERYONE!!

If the vote is big (one way or another), then we have settled that one, and it is done with.

My vote is: Yes he was!

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Ad hominem fallacy. Try again.

If you had read it, you'd see it was exhaustively sourced, using Government numbers.

AGAIN, the onus to prove an assertion falls upon the person making it. Repeating the assertion over and over doesn't cut it.
                      I'm not even a Clinton nutthugger.

You are merely wrong.

I think Clinton is sort of sh i t.

You are a right wing troll though.

And Clinton did balance the budget deficit. That's a fact, regardless of how much it disagrees with your agenda or ideology.

Comment

Working...
                      X