Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    My money is on R136a1.

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/R136a1

VY Canis Majoris is huge and was formerly considered the largest. It's still possibly the most likely to become a hypernova. But currently, several including UY Scuti are believed to be larger than VY Canis Majoris.

With all the Wolf and Pit Bull stuff being thrown around in this thread, I decided to chime in with something somewhat related.

But cool video.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      It's getting increasingly difficult to believe we are alone.
      Not necessarily a question specifically for you but I wonder why people always believe Earth is the only planet in the universe that carries intelligent life lmao. There are literally billions of stars which probably has a solar system. Some solar system have 2 planets, others 8, some more than a dozen.

Mathematically speaking, even if someone purely relies on just facts, it's hard to grasp a universe with an unquantifiable amount of space only has one planet that supports life like ours...

Comment

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
        Not necessarily a question specifically for you but I wonder why people always believe Earth is the only planet in the universe that carries intelligent life lmao. There are literally billions of stars which probably has a solar system. Some solar system have 2 planets, others 8, some more than a dozen.

Mathematically speaking, even if someone purely relies on just facts, it's hard to grasp a universe with an unquantifiable amount of space only has one planet that supports life like ours...
        The more we learn, the less we know.

Comment

Working...
        X