No announcement yet.

Star wars the force awakens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Now perhaps it's because Kylo Ren hasn't completed his training, and Rey was pretty much learning on the fly. But it looked like two "amateurs" dueling for sure. I guess Kylo was injured from Chewie too, so that played a role. But the lightsaber duel left A LOT to be desired.
    See, THIS I liked. In the prequels, all the action is choreographed, even Obi Wan when he sees Liam Neeson get taken. He's still doing that "I'm doing moves I've practised for months in front of a green screen" fighting. There's no soul in that, like there is in this one. The fact that both heroes are pretty crappy lightsabre fighters adds REALISM IMO. I mean, just compare the sterile, lifeless lightsabre battles of the prequels with the visceral action in the final Luke-Darth clash in Return of the Jedi:

"You fucking ****!"

"Who the fuck are you calling ****, ****?"

"You, you fucking ****!"

"You fucking ****! Who the fuck are you to call me a fucking ****, you fucking ****?"

See, he gets GHETTO on Vader there. It's like there's a REALNESS about it.

As for the movies, then:

In essence, maybe Star Wars first (or, if I have to "A New Hope")
    Empire
    Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith (getting ropey at this stage)

Then any of the others... I think they're all crappy, including the new one.

Comment

Film was Ok. Rey wasn't great and fairly annoying imo. Kylo Ren wasn't remotely intimidating. Story was alright but I expected more tbh

Comment

Spoiler

This star wars was absolute rubbish story wise, absolute complete rehash of the original movies, with constant nods to those films. But nothing original added at all.

We are fighting a death star again? Really?
        The new dark side guy was weak, just a complete mess.

Dunno why i was hoping for something better, the magic of the original movies is never coming back.

Comment

Questions I have, or plot holes.....well I guess just stuff that's not explained.....

How did Maz end up with Luke and Anakin's blue lightsaber, when it fell in Cloud City during the end of Ep 5???

Why is everyone so hell bent on finding Luke, and how is there a map containing his whereabouts???

What were Han and Chewie doing on the ship that captured the millennium falcon???

How was Rey able to master things within the force so fast, when they took Luke 3-4 years to do, with no training whatsoever???

I don't really consider the stuff about Rey and Luke possibly being related as questions, or why/how Kyloe Ran betrayed Luke.....cause Im guessing those will be explored in episode 8.
          They kinda ripped off some characters from the EU. Now that Disney made all the EU non-canon and only the films and any other novel or comic coming out under Disney is canon, but im sure there taking inspiration from the EU. For example Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is a Bootleg version of Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo and Rey seems to be Jania Solo, but instead of being brother and sister like in the EU Rey might be Lukes daughter. Luke had a son named Ben Skywalker in the EU but i guess they just combined those two characters and made Kylo. In the EU Janina killed her brother Caedus/Jacen even though Caedus was suppose to be one of the most powerful sith lords in history, he was badly injured when they fought so that helped her, i see that kind similar to the Kylo and Rey situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            If you didn't get advanced tickets well before this, you can forget about seeing this opening night. Can't wait to see it at some point though....

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              They kinda ripped off some characters from the EU. Now that Disney made all the EU non-canon and only the films and any other novel or comic coming out under Disney is canon, but im sure there taking inspiration from the EU. For example Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is a Bootleg version of Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo and Rey seems to be Jania Solo, but instead of being brother and sister like in the EU Rey might be Lukes daughter. Luke had a son named Ben Skywalker in the EU but i guess they just combined those two characters and made Kylo. In the EU Janina killed her brother Caedus/Jacen even though Caedus was suppose to be one of the most powerful sith lords in history, he was badly injured when they fought so that helped her, i see that kind similar to the Kylo and Rey situation.
              No yeah I know that. But I didn't like how quickly Rey learned stuff that took Luke 3-4 years to figure out really. I don't know. Maybe it symbolizes hos strong she is with the force.

I kinda think Snoke, who they obviously didn't say much about to reveal more in 8 or 9, is Darth Plagueis.

Now he doesn't look like how Plagueis was supposed to look, but like you said they threw the EU out, but are CLEARLY taking inspiration from it.

I think Snoke could be a combination of things they take from EU.

He looks like he could be a Yuuzhan Vong, creatures from the EU who could've been force sensitive, but the Jedi supposedly couldn't feel them in the force, which could be how Snoke and his abilities went unnoticed by them. But then there's also this dude named Darth Krayt who was a Sith that came back from death or something, and destroyed the new Jedi Order and ****, like how it seems Snoke/Ren have. And he could end up being Darth Plagueis, Sidious/Palpatines master he supposedly killed.

I would like any of those to be honest. But I think him being Plagueis, and somehow surviving and coming back to destroy the Jedi after Sidious and Vader fall, would be a nice tie back into the prequels. One things for sure, I'm positive Snoke is some sort of ancient sith guy.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                See, THIS I liked. In the prequels, all the action is choreographed, even Obi Wan when he sees Liam Neeson get taken. He's still doing that "I'm doing moves I've practised for months in front of a green screen" fighting. There's no soul in that, like there is in this one. The fact that both heroes are pretty crappy lightsabre fighters adds REALISM IMO. I mean, just compare the sterile, lifeless lightsabre battles of the prequels with the visceral action in the final Luke-Darth clash in Return of the Jedi:

"You fucking ****!"

"Who the fuck are you calling ****, ****?"

"You, you fucking ****!"

"You fucking ****! Who the fuck are you to call me a fucking ****, you fucking ****?"

See, he gets GHETTO on Vader there. It's like there's a REALNESS about it.

As for the movies, then:

In essence, maybe Star Wars first (or, if I have to "A New Hope")
                Empire
                Jedi
                Revenge of the Sith (getting ropey at this stage)

Then any of the others... I think they're all crappy, including the new one.
                See, I think Force Awakens is definitely better than all the prequels, even Revenge of the Sith. Really just the last like 45 minutes of ROTS saved it for me. It's BY FAR the best of the prequels. This is one just felt like Star Wars again, but I do agree there are clear as day problems with it.

What bothered me....

-Rey learns force powers too damn quick, took Luke and Anakin years
                -Kylo Ren should've revealed his face first to Solo, his father. Not Rey.
                -Snoke's CGI looks bad, he sounds cool but look slike a LOTR characters lol
                -Follows A New Hope a little too closely
                - Cpt Phasma and Leia were USELESS

Comment

No yeah I know that. But I didn't like how quickly Rey learned stuff that took Luke 3-4 years to figure out really. I don't know. Maybe it symbolizes hos strong she is with the force.

I kinda think Snoke, who they obviously didn't say much about to reveal more in 8 or 9, is Darth Plagueis.

Now he doesn't look like how Plagueis was supposed to look, but like you said they threw the EU out, but are CLEARLY taking inspiration from it.

He looks like he could be a Yuuzhan Vong, creatures from the EU who could've been force sensitive, but the Jedi supposedly couldn't feel them in the force, which could be how Snoke and his abilities went unnoticed by them. But then there's also this dude named Darth Krayt who was a Sith that came back from death or something, and destroyed the new Jedi Order and ****, like how it seems Snoke/Ren have. And he could end up being Darth Plagueis, Sidious/Palpatines master he supposedly killed.

I would like any of those to be honest. But I think him being Plagueis, and somehow surviving and coming back to destroy the Jedi after Sidious and Vader fall, would be a nice tie back into the prequels. One things for sure, I'm positive Snoke is some sort of ancient sith guy.

They should make him Plagueis. I also heard that there may be an appearance from Anakin Skywalker as a force ghost which would be interesting

Comment

See, I think Force Awakens is definitely better than all the prequels, even Revenge of the Sith. Really just the last like 45 minutes of ROTS saved it for me. It's BY FAR the best of the prequels. This is one just felt like Star Wars again, but I do agree there are clear as day problems with it.

What bothered me....

-Rey learns force powers too damn quick, took Luke and Anakin years
                    -Kylo Ren should've revealed his face first to Solo, his father. Not Rey.
                    -Snoke's CGI looks bad, he sounds cool but look slike a LOTR characters lol
                    -Follows A New Hope a little too closely
                    - Cpt Phasma and Leia were USELESS
                    Snoke's actor plays Gollum

Comment

I agree she did learn to fast, even though its bull**** Janina beat Caedus at least Jania was trained in the force since she was a kid. And even Luke i remember seeing learned too quickly compared to other Jedis who took years to learn to be Jedi Masters. Luke was Vader level so fast too. Some sepcule Snoke could be Darth Plagueis but idk about that. And my favorite ark is Yuuzhan Vong war. I really hoped disney would do that story before the movie came out. But it would be to long its like 19 novels in th EU and it would have to be R rated. The Yuuzhan Von culture is too dark for disney or kids to see, thats some Game of Thrones type ****. Might be a version of the vong. One thing i hate about the movie is how the hell did the Knights of Ren take Lukes new Jedi order out? He must be nerfed, Grand master Luke from the EU was god mode he would wiped the floor with all of them. I read the actor who plays Anakin might appear as a force ghost in the next film.

**** i dint notice till i saw this pic but Kylos character is Jacen Solo with Ben Skywalkers first name name and Darth Revans appearance nothing original with this character.

Comment

Working...
                      X