Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"People would treat Earth differently if they saw it from space" – ESA astronaut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    My intelligence is in question and you come back with this? Here let me spell it out for you genius, if we don't have an earth to live on, then humans can't survive.

They are one in the same and wanting to save the earth is synonymous with wanting to save human life. Only a complete moron can't see that. We are going to die, we are polluting the water, exhausting the food resources, and filling the atmosphere with so many toxins, it's actually eroding it.

We are digging out fossil fuels to pollute the atmosphere. There are facts, not opinion, but scientific facts. When republicans come into the Senate floor with a snowball and say everything is ok because I have a snowball in my hand, that is the problem.

It won't happen tomorrow, it won't happen in 100 years, but it will happen. We are literally destroying this planet and human life with it.
    Then buy a Prius, a piece of land in some forrest, build a hut and start saving the planet.

Earth has an unknown expiration date. The more the civilization expands the more the planet gets polluted. It's always been like that, and always will be.

No amount of moaning will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Then buy a Prius, a piece of land in some forrest, build a hut and start saving the planet.

Earth has an unknown expiration date. The more the civilization expands the more the planet gets polluted. It's always been like that, and always will be.

No amount of moaning will change that.
      Another idiotic post. You don't need to live in the forest, barefoot and hunt your own food to save the planet.

The planet does have an expiration date that is much older than the expiration date of humans. While we are here though, don't you think it would be wise to make our habitat pleasant and livable?

You can do many things to help the situation, and it doesn't involve being a hippie.

Do you have children? What kind of planet do you want to leave for them? Do you want them to be fighting wars over water in 60 years? Because that is a definite reality.

We have the technology to ween ourselves off of fossil fuels, we just don't do it because there's too much money to be made and we don't care if we pollute the earth in the process.

Comment

My intelligence is in question and you come back with this? Here let me spell it out for you genius, if we don't have an earth to live on, then humans can't survive.
        We don't got a earth? lol. Where the f#ck is it going. The earth is gonna be here long past humans. But yea obviously if we f#ck up the atmosphere & **** then we can't live here you dense ass momo. I'm not debating that **** so I don't got a clue why you are acting like I am.

They are one in the same and wanting to save the earth is synonymous with wanting to save human life.
        I disagree, the earth isn't tied to us at all really & its not gonna "die" til a asteroid hits it or the sun blows up. We are fleas on a dogs balls to the planet.

And mainly my angle from my first post has been "save the earth" is a horrible f#cking slogan for this issue that misrepresents the true issue cuz humans are f#cking stupid & they don't see "saving the earth" & saving humans as synonymous with each other. Humans need in your face reality or certainly Americans do. You gotta put aborted babies on cigarette packages & show ads with people with lost limbs or impartial faces to get people to quit smoking. "Saving the planet" sounds like some **** you do by planting more flowers in your garden & buying bee pollen in season.

Comment

Cuah donates to Hillary and bernies super-pacs.

Comment

Another idiotic post. You don't need to live in the forest, barefoot and hunt your own food to save the planet.

The planet does have an expiration date that is much older than the expiration date of humans. While we are here though, don't you think it would be wise to make our habitat pleasant and livable?

You can do many things to help the situation, and it doesn't involve being a hippie.

Do you have children? What kind of planet do you want to leave for them? Do you want them to be fighting wars over water in 60 years? Because that is a definite reality.

We have the technology to ween ourselves off of fossil fuels, we just don't do it because there's too much money to be made and we don't care if we pollute the earth in the process.
            Yeah, that sounds nice and all, but as you pointed out, there's too much money to be made and the human race will keep polluting the planet, and that will never change.

It ammuses me when people complain about the issue while they spend tons of money on petrol, deodorants, electricity and other things that pollute the Earth they're so concerned about.

Some big, drastic measures won't be taken due to the reasons you've mentioned.

So if you wanna ***** about the dying planet start saving it yourself.

Or just quit being a hypocrite and keep living comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              We don't got a earth? lol. Where the f#ck is it going. The earth is gonna be here long past humans. But yea obviously if we f#ck up the atmosphere & **** then we can't live here you dense ass momo. I'm not debating that **** so I don't got a clue why you are acting like I am.

I disagree, the earth isn't tied to us at all really & its not gonna "die" til a asteroid hits it or the sun blows up. We are fleas on a dogs balls to the planet.

And mainly my angle from my first post has been "save the earth" is a horrible f#cking slogan for this issue that misrepresents the true issue cuz humans are f#cking stupid & they don't see "saving the earth" & saving humans as synonymous with each other. Humans need in your face reality or certainly Americans do. You gotta put aborted babies on cigarette packages & show ads with people with lost limbs or impartial faces to get people to quit smoking. "Saving the planet" sounds like some **** you do by planting more flowers in your garden & buying bee pollen in season.
              Your stupidity is mind blowing. We don't have another planet to live on. If we don't save this one, we won't survive as a species.

Earth will be here, but it will look like Venus and guess what, that isn't helping anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                Yeah, that sounds nice and all, but as you pointed out, there's too much money to be made and the human race will keep polluting the planet, and that will never change.

It ammuses me when people complain about the issue while they spend tons of money on petrol, deodorants, electricity and other things that pollute the Earth they're so concerned about.

Some big, drastic measures won't be taken due to the reasons you've mentioned.

So if you wanna ***** about the dying planet start saving it yourself.

Or just quit being a hypocrite and keep living comfortably.
                Because we are forced to buy products that are bad for the environment isn't being a hypocrite. On the contrary, it's not being educated on the subject, and being pushed into a corner because there's no other alternative.

Take electric cars for example, for most people they are too expensive. So most don't buy them. If we made them more affordable for people, they would sell more.

There are tons of things we can do both as people, and govt to better the situation. Because we don't have the power the oil companies have, doesn't mean we should just shut up and take it. When you want to change things, you can. In the 60's and 70's people started a campaign about how bad leaded fuel was. Even though it took more money to change that, it did get changed.

Change is possible, but with the attitude that you and Eff Panda have, I'm not surprised nothing gets done. It's typical of your generation though, you are the meaningless generation to ever exist in this country. You fight for nothing, you stand for nothing. Everything was handed to you with the hard work of previous generations.

Comment

Why haven't these clever ****s put a big mirror on the moon so we can see Earth in the reflection.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    Cuah donates to Hillary and bernies super-pacs.
                    Bernie doesn't have a superpac. The man is doing it all on donations from the public. He's a beast like that and the only candidate who actually is talking about things that matter. Not deporting 12 million people and banning "Muslims".

You know, adult talk.

Comment

Your stupidity is mind blowing. We don't have another planet to live on. If we don't save this one, we won't survive as a species.

Earth will be here, but it will look like Venus and guess what, that isn't helping anyone.
                      Don't mean to hi-jack your conversation but that shit won't happen to Earth for a long, long time. I mean in comparison to how long the universe has been around the decline of Earth isn't that long of a time period but we'll be on Mars in a thousand years with good foundations.

Might take another 10,000 years to build a synthetic atmosphere/ozone layer and you'd still have plenty of time left. Having said that I believe the Sun is due to go supernova in a million years? Maybe longer but that will destroy the entire solar system.

Comment

Working...
                      X