No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in California.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Yup, one for hammering nails and building stuff. The other for murdering human beings.

Slight difference, and maybe you should differentiate that when lumping those in together.

still a tool doe. you're not taking my guns because it's in the constitution!

these are their arguments.

Comment

• ****...look at countries where guns are basically outlawed in the hands of citizens and gun violence still occurs. Except it's the bad guys that have the guns. The jihadis in Paris didn't care about France's gun laws. The cartels in Mexico don't care about mexico's gun laws. Criminals and jihadis do not care about gun laws. That is where this issue is essentially a non issue but the American media machine will continue to spin it that way and people will lap it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        a lot of things can be used to kill ppl.

you can't stop ppl from killing each other.

still a tool.
        It's true but guns make it easier to kill people, and a lot more. If they didn't then our armies would still be using swords.

Ever seen Indiana jones? Don't bring a sword to a gun fight

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          ****...look at countries where guns are basically outlawed in the hands of citizens and gun violence still occurs. Except it's the bad guys that have the guns. The jihadis in Paris didn't care about France's gun laws. The cartels in Mexico don't care about mexico's gun laws. Criminals and jihadis do not care about gun laws. That is where this issue is essentially a non issue but the American media machine will continue to spin it that way and people will lap it up.
          France allows assault rifles etc... so actually their gun laws are far more relaxed than the UK

Comment

in copenhagen, if someone breaks into your house, you call the cops to arrest them.

in los angeles, if someone breaks into your house, you call the cops to pick up their body.
            So its not like the guns at home is a deterrent? Or do you have fewer burglaries? I somehow doubt it.

Or maybe the burglars are also armed so that if you start a gunfight with a burglar, you yourself is in grave danger yourself?

Comment

a lot of things can be used to kill ppl.

you can't stop ppl from killing each other.

still a tool.

this is another childish argument from the gun lobby. let's see some verifying data that shows us first world countries that have murder rate that rival ours.

people are stabbing, beating each other to death in rates proportionate to the US in other first world countries where there are not as many guns? let's see that data as well. looking for objective and peer reviewed or government [not US, which is heavily influenced by the gun lobby,] sources BTW, not your NRA magazine.

you can make it a heck of a lot more difficult if you regulate their ability to buy and, own, and carry guns.

nobody is arguing that you can stop people from killing each other. that's called a straw man argument. you make up an argument from the opposition to break it down.

people who support policies to further regulate the ownership, purchase, and carry of guns argue that it is more difficult to kill people when guns are more heavily regulated. that's a common sense argument, really, and you don't need to go any further than that, but there's verifying data, and i've posted it upon request in dozens of threads.

go read through the links ive posted, and bring me some of your own supporting the idea that people in first world countries kill proportionately when their access to guns are more strictly limited.

i've given you some homework to do. let's see what you've got.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                So its not like the guns at home is a deterrent? Or do you have fewer burglaries? I somehow doubt it.

Or maybe the burglars are also armed so that if you start a gunfight with a burglar, you yourself is in grave danger yourself?
                States with the most lax gun laws, have the most crime. I have posted that statistic over and over. No guns doesn't help, but neither does a ton of guns.

Like I said, the gun debate is over. The gun nuts have won. These shootings will happen over and over and nobody will care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                  France allows assault rifles etc... so actually their gun laws are far more relaxed than the UK
                  Define assault rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Over here we had another country try to invade us to take our sovereignty. And we have had a history of roving tribes and bandits trying to disrupt or take the things we worked so long to get.
                    Well that doesnt separate you from europeans. Quite the opposite really, as we have had more wars and more invasions than Any other continent.

So we understand that in the real world sometimes you have to fight back. We prefer not to and are happier living in peace, but in the event that something threatens our way of life we do want to have the tools available to protect ourselves.
                    So the reason that you have guns is to protect yourself from an invasion. You cannot be serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      this is another childish argument from the gun lobby. let's see some verifying data that shows us first world countries that have murder rate that rival ours.

people are stabbing, beating each other to death in rates proportionate to the US in other first world countries where there are not as many guns? let's see that data as well. looking for objective and peer reviewed or government [not US, which is heavily influenced by the gun lobby,] sources BTW, not your NRA magazine.

you can make it a heck of a lot more difficult if you regulate their ability to buy and, own, and carry guns.

nobody is arguing that you can stop people from killing each other. that's called a straw man argument. you make up an argument from the opposition to break it down.

people who support policies to further regulate the ownership, purchase, and carry of guns argue that it is more difficult to kill people when guns are more heavily regulated. that's a common sense argument, really, and you don't need to go any further than that, but there's verifying data, and i've posted it upon request in dozens of threads.

go read through the links ive posted, and bring me some of your own supporting the idea that people in first world countries kill proportionately when their access to guns are more strictly limited.

i've given you some homework to do. let's see what you've got.
                      Jihadis, terrorists, and any other criminal element will still get guns even if this turned into a gunless society. Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X