No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in California.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    They all do! However their definition of terrorism and terror act is different from how the vast majority of the living world. They condemn U.S. U.K. Israel etc as "terrorist state" that VICTIMIZE their kind, thus they should reciprocate.
    Why don't you go and live in Rakka?

Comment

• it really boggles my mind to see so many racist / bigoted people congregate on a boxing forum

the war in syria has very little to do with islam. you need very specific political and social climates for muslims to become "radical" [violent.]

it's a political / geographical conflict with a myriad of different state and nonstate groups participating. it's a war for territory and political power and influence. most of you clearly think this is some kind of war between america and islam .

there's a f#cking ocean of oil under that sand, and it's in a part of the planet where it can be piped or shipped efficiently to europe, asia, and africa. america [both the state and various private interests] has a history of removing governments / destabilizing the area, and arming many of the various groups on either side of the conflict. american corporations also have a history of posting ridiculous profits after these conflicts. war is big, big business.

oil is going to become more and more valuable, per barrel, as it becomes more scarce, and the production costs aren't likely to rise in proportion. that's something to think about when you ask "why would somebody strap a bomb to his chest and kill himself?"

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        the war in syria has very little to do with islam. you need very specific political and social climates for muslims to become "radical" [violent.]
        There's some obvious truth to what you're saying, but what "very specific political and social climate" was there in Southern California that caused this guy to become violent? We're not just talking about extremists coming into our countries, we're talking about them actually becoming radicalized inside of our country. Combating that should be a huge priority for us.

The main point is that Islam isn't some completely benign religion that only is ever problematic in the context of external factors; nor is it the case that all Muslims are evil. 80% of the conservatives I've talked to in recent days are using this guy as an argument against Syrian refugees, and don't even realize he was an American.
        Last edited by samouraļ; 12-05-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
          There's some obvious truth to what you're saying, but what "very specific political and social climate" was there in Southern California that caused this guy to become violent? We're not just talking about extremists coming into our countries, we're talking about them actually becoming radicalized inside of our country. Combating that should be a huge priority for us.

muslim registration time.

Comment

muslim registration time.
            Uh, no, that's not it.

Comment

Uh, no, that's not it.

it's been a long time coming. got my red card already. gonna open my closet of ski gear [6 pairs and counting,] and clothes up to searches and seizures from the trump administration

Comment

it's been a long time coming. got my red card already. gonna open my closet of ski gear [6 pairs and counting,] and clothes up to searches and seizures from the trump administration
                lol, well if it's a Trump administration, you may be right.

Comment

it really boggles my mind to see so many racist / bigoted people congregate on a boxing forum

it's a political / geographical conflict with a myriad of different state and nonstate groups participating. it's a war for territory and political power and influence. most of you clearly think this is some kind of war between america and islam .

etc...
                  Old stuff: invoke "complexity", condemn "war" and blame corporations. Spread more and more confusion...

Man, leave Boston and go live in Siberia somewhere -- far away from the succumbing Western civilisation.

Comment

lol, well if it's a Trump administration, you may be right.

did you know that there's a quick, step by step guide to turning a rice cooker into an IED in the back of the quran?

i'm not kidding. it's in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Old stuff: invoke "complexity", condemn "war" and blame corporations. Spread more and more confusion...

Man, leave Boston and go live in Siberia somewhere -- far away from the succumbing Western civilisation.

old stuff :
                      don't udnerstand a political conflict

act liek you do

blame islam.

howmidoing? spot on?

Comment

Working...
                      X