No announcement yet.

How to make that dollar stretch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I agree. A guy doesn't want a platinum wheel chair, and ride a ten speed now.
    I am not saying to throw money away, but I am advocating living. I got a buddy like this guy, but we only eat at my place. Which is fine by me. He is always slow on the draw with his wallet. My girl is bothered by his frugality. I try not to think of it.

He & I were raised differently. He grew up with money, I didn't. But I still do better than he does financially. He is penny wise, pound foolish.

The Russians have a proverb, the cheap man pays twice!

The Meaning, skimping on certain things and being cheap costs you more at times!
    Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    All I know is routine is the only thing we have. If you retire early....you better have a hobby haha
    when you're old you don't have the energy to enjoy things - fast cars, vacations, young hookers, like you do when you're young. i'm now in my early 40's and am glad i enjoyed my life as much as possible when i was younger, you can't make up for missing out on things you wanted to do in your 20's when your 60+

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      when you're old you don't have the energy to enjoy things - fast cars, vacations, young hookers, like you do when you're young. i'm now in my early 40's and am glad i enjoyed my life as much as possible when i was younger, you can't make up for missing out on things you wanted to do in your 20's when your 60+
      Exactly. I am in my late 40's, had an amazing time of it. Travelled extensively, just enjoyed good times, worked through the bad. I know a few miserly guys, that in their 40s & 50s want to party like it is 1989. Too late buddy.. Too late.

I never wanted my legacy to be, " he worked like a dog until he retired, and enjoyed what he could enjoy. "

Not my style at all.

Comment

Working...
      X