Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar players....I need some advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Guitar players....I need some advice.

I just bought a Jackson Slattxmg3-6 Soloist and though I'm loving it, the 5th and 11 fret of the high E string have horrible fret buzz, I'm crushed because I love the guitar and it was the last one at the place I bought it. I don't want to lose this guitar, but I can't keep it like this obviously, I have warranty for it.

Should I go return it or is this a minor problem that can be fixed in some nearby guitar shop?

I'm starting so I don't know much about this stuff

maybe, stop being a poosay and make it yours.

Comment

If it's really bad I would take it back. The neck could be warped. If it's not too bad you could try raising the action (the height) of the strings. Or adjusting the truss rod up near the neck but I wouldn't mess with that unless you know full well what your doing.

Comment

The neck might be warped. In most guitars there is a rod that goes down the neck and most experienced repair shops have a tool that can turn the rod and straighten out the neck.
        Check with who you have the warranty with because they might replace it or even up-grade it or even fix it for free.

Comment

Did you buy it at a store or offline? If you bought it at a store, take it back and tell them what the problem is: they'd rather adjust it for you than deal with you trying to return it.

As above posters stated, the neck could be warped, BUT if its a brand new guitar its far far far more likely that the thing just needs a professional set up. Truss rod, bridge, etc.

Comment

I see, thanks.

It is a brand new guitar, it shouldn't have this problem I will probably take it back to see if it can be fixed or might change the guitar

EDIT: Store bought paulf.

Comment

Sounds like a simple bridge problem. It can either be filed down or replaced by someone who has adequate experience. I would get a few opinions from people who are experienced 1st.

Maybe the frets themselves need adjustment. I don't think that's much of a problem. Ask some pro's.
              Last edited by jazluvr; 11-25-2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You an have the frets shaved but if it's warped it won't help, it could just be that the action is too low.

Take it back and see what they say.

Comment

Damn, I was gonna try to sound all musically smart and ****, but the posters above have it right. Especially about them wanting to fix it before wanting you to return it, you should just say you want to return it. Trust me, they'll act like they cant buy christmas gifts for their kids. Returned Guitars are just a profit loss for them, so if it can be fixed without a bunch of $ they usually will help ya out.

Comment

The Russians say, only the bad dancer is bothered by the nail in the stage.

Is there a perfect guitar?

Take it back or wear a rubber finger covers to dampen the vibrations that bother you.

But first get a second opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X