Turkey shoots down Russian Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 5 is having an early release.

Comment

• This is a disturbing and sad incidence.

Even if Russia did enter Turkish airspace I don't think it needed to be shot down.

Turkey always picks the wrong sides.

As one of the 2 major powers (the other being Iran) in the area, I think Turkey has a responsibility to help flatten ISIS and to provide solidarity in the region to all dissenters.

Some Turkish/Iranian and Turkish/Russian cooperation is in order.

This sort of rubbish only serves to strengthen both Islamic terror and American corporatism in the area. Lose/lose for all involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Maybe the russian jet was flying over turkish territory and despite being repeatedly warned, did not alter it's course. The russians do these Things often over Scandinavia.

Difference here is that this is a warzone.
        Not the first time it has happened either. They do it over the UK, right now there is a Russian submarine off the coast of Scotland which the UK are using a French patrol plane to locate.

Fuck Russia and their macho bullshit, they pushed it too far and finally got served.

Warzone or not, if any Turkish plane flew over Russian airspace it would be getting shot down.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Former British Diplomat quoted in the Guardian:

"I calculate that each “incursion” over Turkish territory would have lasted about 10 seconds, assuming the plane was flying slowly at 600mph. That Turkey shot down the plane for this is madness, and absolutely indefensible. It is fairly obvious from the track that the plane was operating against Turkish sponsored Turkmen rebels inside Syria, and that is why the Turks shot it down."
        Yes, Russia weren't attacking ISIS near the Turkish border. Let's erase that myth.

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
        Once again you've got me cornered Enayze. I've been so desperate for good news regarding Russia I've commented AT LEAST 5 times on threads about Russia bombing ISIS.

And once again you've bested me by bringing up the weak Russian economy, while the the United States economy is strong and prosperous. Good thing the Russians have an excuse to take the minds of the western world off their domestic problems, like childhood obesity, racist police officers, the strong presidential campaign (where and old woman is going against a billionaire racist), and amazing gun control laws. ****ing Russia am I right?
        lol please
        Last edited by Weebler I; 11-25-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• 17 fucking seconds was the length of the breach of Turkish airspace. Turkey are completely on their own. A blatantly hostile act and an act of madness. No way NATO will stand behind Turkey on this.

Russia are now claiming that they will cut off Turkey's gas supply and ban the sale of Turkish holidays in Russian travel agents. Serious implications for Turkey if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Maybe the russian jet was flying over turkish territory and despite being repeatedly warned, did not alter it's course. The russians do these Things often over Scandinavia.

Difference here is that this is a warzone.
            Over in Scandinavia? Is that reference to the so called Russian Sub in Sweden 2014 but turned out to be a dinghy boat

LOL you can't make this stuff up its laughable. Spewing lines like that and casually passing as a fact. Shows how delusional some people are XD

Comment

• Turkey violated Greek airspace 2244 times last year alone

Comment

• Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                Over in Scandinavia? Is that reference to the so called Russian Sub in Sweden 2014 but turned out to be a dinghy boat

LOL you can't make this stuff up its laughable. Spewing lines like that and casually passing as a fact. Shows how delusional some people are XD
                No. I was primarily talking about russian jets. They have made simulated bombing runs on Danish islands.

Comment

• NATO says backs Turkey over Russian plane

Nov 24 NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg offered support for Ankara on Tuesday after Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border and rejected any suggestion that the incident happened outside of Turkey's borders.

Asked if there was any possibility that the plane was actually shot down inside Syria, Stoltenberg said: "The allied assessments that we have are consistent with the information we have from Turkey," he told a news conference.

"We stand in solidarity with Turkey and support the territorial integrity of our NATO ally," Stoltenberg said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...13J00120151124

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Turkey violated Greek airspace 2244 times last year alone

As always, islamic countries are the worst hypocrites.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X