Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novak Djokovic 2015 vs Roger Federer 2006...who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    Cuban Linx,

do you think that Djokovic will break down like Nadal, or can he show longevity?
    Tough to say, but the signs of Nadal's collapse could be seen from 2 years back. The surgeries and his play style were factors.

Djokovic hasn't faced any serious injuries or had to undergo surgery. His play style isn't as demanding as Nadal's. I see Djokovic playing at this level for another 3-4 years. By then he should have the record for GS titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      Tough to say, but the signs of Nadal's collapse could be seen from 2 years back. The surgeries and his play style were factors.

Djokovic hasn't faced any serious injuries or had to undergo surgery. His play style isn't as demanding as Nadal's. I see Djokovic playing at this level for another 3-4 years. By then he should have the record for GS titles.
      Djokovic has a very demanding playstyle too. He's pretty active and he goes for every ball, happy to grind it out and outlast his opponent. He's been playing at a high level since 2007, I can see him playing at this level for a year or two max, then he'll slow down but I don't see any good competition coming up from the youth ranks which may allow him to stay at the top for longer for 3-4 years. The likes of Tomic should have been top 10 easy at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X