Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

An example of phonomenology, Do you believe that you are stupid Cuauhtemoc?.
    It's spelled phenomenology. Nice word.

is the study of structures of consciousness as experienced from the first-person point of view. The central structure of an experience is its intentionality, its being directed toward something, as it is an experience of or about some object.
    Why would you ask if I'm stupid, how am I trying to study something that's objective from a subjective point of view?

BTW Noose, you're getting sucked into the troll, don't do it....lol All you will get is fallacies and strawmen accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Well, flooding the world and drowning everyone to death id define as a form of abuse.
      Nope. It was punishment.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      But surely your statement about if God gives us life, therefore he makes the rules suggests we can do what we want to those who we create?
      Non sequitur

It not like i believe in any of the bible stories, or am i really bothered by any of it. Its just that i find it strange for people to not condemn the actions of God.
      You find it strange because you do not understand what the bible actually says. As I said to Cuah, you really should educate yourself on the subjects you choose to debate.

But the God of the old testament did.
      No, He did not. Again, learn the Bible before debating it.

Like I said earlier, that was punishment for sinning. It was not genocide.

I used 'twisted' in terms of irrationality. I dont see how im twisting what the bible says.
      well I did explain how you twisted it. what part did you miss?

Its not exactly a straight forward book. Seems like things get lost in translation and are open to interpretation consistently. Thats the one thing in fact that we can all agree on.
      True

You say that like all makes perfect sense to you...
      Not really. Like you just said, it's open to interpretation. I like to say I know the basics just fine, but I'm no Biblical scholar.

But basically, Gods actions in the old testament are either barbaric and deserve condemnation, or they are somehow justified. Id like to understand how they can be justified.
      Again, no one justified anything. I simply told you how it is.

God gave us life, and He set up rules we are to live our lives by.

By saying 'he makes the rules' its a way of excusing his actions.
      Again, that is not true. It's actually a strawman argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        BTW Noose, you're getting sucked into the troll, don't do it....lol All you will get is fallacies and strawmen accusations.
        Facepalm

But hey, they do say most racists are very ignorant people. So you are doing your best to show that claim is indeed true.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Nope. It was punishment.

He drowned children, animals, everyone. Its abuse. Its torture and murder.

Non sequitur
          How?
          If you choose to debate, explain yourself. If i am wrong, explain how. Or dont bother responding.

You find it strange because you do not understand what the bible actually says. As I said to Cuah, you really should educate yourself on the subjects you choose to debate.
          Im asking you to explain it. To educate me.
          My point is that none of it makes any real sense.
          If it does to you, enlighten me. Im curious how you understand it.

No, He did not. Again, learn the Bible before debating it.

Like I said earlier, that was punishment for sinning. It was not genocide.
          So, because something is deemed a punishment, it cant be called genocide? Strawman.

Drowning children and animals to death for...sinning?
          It was genocide by any standards.
          A bizarre action for an all powerful God. He specifically chose drowning.
          This is what i dont understand, and condemn. I dont understand how you dont condemn it. Explain.

well I did explain how you twisted it. what part did you miss?
          I missed the part where you explained anything. You choose not to. I wonder why.
          You didnt explain why god drowning large numbers of people isnt genocide. You just said it wasnt genocide.

Not really. Like you just said, it's open to interpretation. I like to say I know the basics just fine, but I'm no Biblical scholar.
          Well explain how any of it makes any sense to you.

Again, no one justified anything. I simply told you how it is.

God gave us life, and He set up rules we are to live our lives by.
          "How it is" doesnt explain anything.
          This seems to be a theme with religious faith. No explanation needed. It just is the way it is.
          No thinking involved.

Again, that is not true. It's actually a strawman argument.
          lol Cuauh...he hit me with the strawman.
          It is true, so there! (shall we debate your way?)

You said "In no way is genocide justified".
          Genocide is defined as the killing of a large group of people.
          God killed a large group of people.
          You are justifying it by saying "it was punishment".

Doesnt get much simpler than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            It's spelled phenomenology. Nice word.

Why would you ask if I'm stupid, how am I trying to study something that's objective from a subjective point of view?

Swooosh!! You missed the boat....LOLOLOL And your obvious answer is a crispy YES!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
              Swooosh!! You missed the boat....LOLOLOL And your obvious answer is a crispy YES!.
              Oh you are so clever, way to really stick it to me.

*yawn*

Why are you so scared to answer the questions and have a real discussion. I was asked by Ripp why it matters to me and I made my points.

If you believe what you believe and don't affect other people, then I personally don't care. The problem is, you guys rarely do.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                He drowned children, animals, everyone. Its abuse. Its torture and murder.
                That's your opinion, nothing else. But you can't deny it was punishment.

It's like how some folks say spanking children is abuse and others say it's not. But either way, it's a form of punishment. Get it?

How?
                Non sequitur means 'it does not follow'.

You said this:
                "But surely your statement about if God gives us life, therefore he makes the rules suggests we can do what we want to those who we create?"

The part about we can do what we want with what we create is the non sequitur. It doesn't follow in terms of the topic at hand. It's something we're not debating. Get it?

Im asking you to explain it. To educate me.
                My point is that none of it makes any real sense.
                If it does to you, enlighten me. Im curious how you understand it.
                What specifically are you asking me to explain?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just need to know and then I can try and give you an answer.

So, because something is deemed a punishment, it cant be called genocide? Strawman.
                That's not what a strawman argument is. Please, don't use big words you don't understand. It's annoying.

Drowning children and animals to death for...sinning?
                It was genocide by any standards.
                Nope, as what God dis is not the definition of the word.

A bizarre action for an all powerful God. He specifically chose drowning.
                Again, it's not bizarre to those who understand the Bible. It openly says the wages of sin is death.

This is what i dont understand, and condemn. I dont understand how you dont condemn it. Explain.
                Because I refuse to condemn God who gave me life just because I may not like all the rules He implemented in regards to the life He gave.

Genocide is defined as the killing of a large group of people.
                No, it is not.

And I think that's one reason why you're having a hard time understanding my posts/stances.
                Last edited by 1bad65; 11-13-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• I can't believe this has gone on for so long. I don't know why you bother debating these people, it's the same answer every time.

"God works in mysterious ways."
                  "It's all part of gods plan."
                  "You don't understand because you're not God and can't comprehend his reasons."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                    Contradictions, really? Contradictions are the least of the bible's problems, the more concerning facts should be its age and what isn't mentioned.

The bible doesn't talk about:

- The scientific method
                    - Technology
                    - The true nature of mental illness
                    - Vaccines/Understanding disease
                    - Organ transplants
                    - Space stations
                    - The importance of literacy
                    - Butt plugs
                    - Farming practices resulting in modern agriculture
                    - The internal combustion engine
                    - The fossil record
                    - The Milky Way Galaxy
                    - Atoms
                    - Ecosystems
                    - Responsible human reproduction
                    - Submarines
                    - Air Jordan's
                    - The Third Reich
                    - Justin Beiber
                    - Public education
                    - Desegregation/Civil Rights
                    - Planes, trains, and automobiles
                    - Thermonuclear war
                    - Overpopulation
                    - Pollution on a global scale

And the list goes on, and on, and on. It would be similar if I took a letter from my grandfather explaining to my grandma how to get to somewhere (that may no longer exist) and trying to follow the same directions. Some people act as if time stopped when the bible was slapped together and what was relevant to a first century person is pertinent to us at all times, and of course that's absolute nonsense....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      That's your opinion, nothing else. But you can't deny it was punishment.

It's like how some folks say spanking children is abuse and others say it's not. But either way, it's a form of punishment. Get it?
                      Bad analogy. Spanking a child and drowning animals. Not quite the same is it.

Its more a case of a psychopath pimp 'punishing' prostitutes by slitting their throats. They may say its a punishment, but really its just murder.
                      Non sequitur means 'it does not follow'.

You said this:
                      "But surely your statement about if God gives us life, therefore he makes the rules suggests we can do what we want to those who we create?"

The part about we can do what we want with what we create is the non sequitur. It doesn't follow in terms of the topic at hand. It's something we're not debating. Get it?

You said "When someone provides for you, they make the rules".
                      Therefore, I dont see how a person treating something they create however they want is any different from God doing as he pleases to us.

What specifically are you asking me to explain?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just need to know and then I can try and give you an answer.
                      You missed it? Where i mentioned animals and children several times?
                      The mass murder and stuff.
                      Read on and i'll explain...

Again, it's not bizarre to those who understand the Bible. It openly says the wages of sin is death.
                      If you claim to understand the bible, because you apparently dont find it bizarre, then explain it to me...
                      What sins did the children and animals commit that God saw worthy of drowning as punishment?

That's not what a strawman argument is. Please, don't use big words you don't understand. It's annoying.
                      Sorry.
                      I was just desperate to use the word.

No, it is not.
                      What would you call it? Mass murder/slaughter?

And I think that's one reason why you're having a hard time understanding my posts/stances.
                      What is your stance?
                      You havent made it very clear.
                      You say you havent justified God drowning so many people and animals, but also say it was punishment for sin.

Only that "someone who provides for you, they make the rules".

Thats not a stance.

Again, i would define it as fairly evil. To cause unnecessary suffering and pain.
                      But you dont? I dont understand how. Could you explain.

Comment

Working...
                      X