No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Times change, but certain concepts do not.

Other than a shatload of debt and dragging us into many foreign wars, what have we gotten out of being involved in all these alliances?
    We wouldnt have debt if it wasnt for wars?

Look at the world and wars as brush fires.

You have several brush fires in the middle of nowhere. You send some resources to put it out.

Because if you wait til those fires get big and reach populated areas.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      What is wrong with discussing eliminating the electoral college? It was put in place in a very different time in the country.

As the country has gotten more diverse there are states that make it not appealing for everyone to live, most notably southern states.

Why should those state be given a disproportionate amount of power? On the flip side, you can win the election if you win the 15 biggest states( I will check the math for accuracy). Would it be fair if you lost the popular vote and list 35 -15 but won the election because you won the 15 biggest states?

I don’t necessarily agree but I think it is a smart discussion to have.
      its not.....

this article explains it better than I can:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/07...cy-better-way/

its a good read btw as well....

enjoy!

Comment

• The United states is the modern British empire, Roman empire, han dynasty, mongol empire, yuan dynasty, Macedonian empire, etc.

Name an empire in history who didnt have wars and alliances?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
          Corporations do two things with tax cuts: They do stock buy backs, and pocket the money, that's it. Remember, corporations were already seeing record profits, if they wanted to hire more people, expand, give better bonuses, they would have regardless of a tax cut.
          please show some proof of this.....

you are using literal WHAT IF scenarios.

Comment

• The problem with the United states is not wars.

It's how we fight wars and handle occupations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              The United states is the modern British empire, Roman empire, han dynasty, mongol empire, yuan dynasty, Macedonian empire, etc.

I am tired of all these dumb desert wars. We need to take over Scandinavia or something valuable like the British and Romans did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                The United states is the modern British empire, Roman empire, han dynasty, mongol empire, yuan dynasty, Macedonian empire, etc.

I agree here.....

on top of that we have military bases in MOST countries....

how many military bases from other countries are in the US territory?

Comment

• now I would like to see anyone who disagrees with this to actually counter points with some fact based info.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    its not.....

this article explains it better than I can:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/07...cy-better-way/

its a good read btw as well....

enjoy!
                    the author uses quotes from People in the 1700's and 1800's to support her position. I was hoping to read some quotes from more modern leaders.

I am not suggesting the electoral college is not democratic so what she is writing about doesn't really address the point I raised with you.

The Electoral college was put in place in a completely different time in our country's history. The country was in its infancy, more simplistic, more ****geneous, poorer, less intelligent, life expectancy was shorter the institutions not as fully developed. Women were not part of leadership and had no voting rights. Much of the country hadn't been developed.

The Electoral college may be perfect system for that period. The country is no longer in the same stage of development.

Society has changed and evolved in many ways. We are older, more technological, live longer, more diverse, etc etc. The country as a whole is wealthier and more far removed from English rule.

I don't think its a problem to examine the electoral college as it relates to America at this stage of its development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      You must be sailing in the same boat with 1bad and Ted Cruz.

If we take your made up theory into prospective, we should have revenue growth through the roof right now. Unfortunately, we're seeing record lows in revenue growth with Trump averaging only $35b per. Even Bush averaged $190b per year in growth with a recession.

Corporations do two things with tax cuts: They do stock buy backs, and pocket the money, that's it. Remember, corporations were already seeing record profits, if they wanted to hire more people, expand, give better bonuses, they would have regardless of a tax cut.

Clinton actually raised taxes on the rich/corporations and had one of the highest job creation rates in history, go figure.
                      Try again.

Clinton did initially raise taxes.

But like a good superfan you left out the fact that he later cut Capital Gains Taxes. Since the rich own most of the stocks, CG Tax cuts most benefit the rich.

And the Clinton economy grew more after the tax cuts than it did after the tax increases.

Clinton is actually a great example of the effects of opposing tax policies, as he implemented them.

Those with some intellect use the Clinton years to determine which tax policies saw better growth, etc..

You tell us, which Clinton tax policy resulted in more growth?

Oh, one more fact....

Clinton achieved his lowest deficits (some of you superfans falsely claim a surplus, but that's another story) after his tax cuts.

Can you explain how Clinton had his lowest deficits after his CG Tax cuts when you're here repeating over and over how tax cuts cause increased deficits?

Comment

Working...
                      X