No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    But here's the catch. Imminent domain is a legal process. The government has to it in court.

Emergency powers don't require due process. Land can be confiscated without trial & without compensation. They're relying on the government to be benevolent.

But these people claim to be conservatives and libertarians
    Once again, no one has advocated people's land being seized without just compensation.

What part of that is not getting through your thick skull?

Comment

• Old video resurfaces in which Trump calls the Chinese “mother*****ers” – shanghaiist

by Alex Linder

Over the last few days, Republican pundits, White House staff members, and Donald Trump himself have all been feigning their outrage and disgust at Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib calling the president a “mother****er.”

However, it turns out that, shockingly enough, Trump has himself used such foul language in the past —specifically at a 2011 political rally in Las Vegas where he told the crowd what he would do about cheap Chinese exports flooding into the US and leading to the loss of American jobs:

“So easy! I’d drop a 25 percent tax on China. And, you know, I said to somebody that it’s really the messenger. The messenger is important. I could have one man say, ‘We’re gonna tax you 25 percent.’ And I could say another, ‘Listen you mother****ers, we’re gonna tax you 25 percent!'”

As this speech presaged, tariffs have been the defining foundation of Trump’s China policy, however, he hasn’t come close to calling Chinese President Xi Jinping a “mother****er.” Instead, Trump has taken every opportunity to heap effusive praise on Xi, calling him a “very good man” and the “king of China.”

Meanwhile, Tlaib’s assessment of Trump has been echoed by no less than 71-year-old former Canadian prime minister Kim Campbell and Samuel L. Jackson, humanity’s foremost authority on the word.

https://shanghai.ist/2019/01/08/old-...0RdDwOaQYAZ-BA

Comment

• Comment

• It's amazing to me how much faith these "conservatives" and "libertarians" now have in the federal government.

They went from government is the problem & tear down this wall under Reagan to "build the wall" and having faith in the government to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do

Comment

It's amazing to me how much faith these "conservatives" and "libertarians" now have in the federal government.

They went from government is the problem & tear down this wall under Reagan to "build the wall" and having faith in the government to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do
            You're lying again by making yet more of the same strawman arguments.

But it is amazing how you big government liberals have suddenly found a problem you say we cant let the government try and fix.

Comment

• What is this called??

Comment

• Comment

It's amazing to me how much faith these "conservatives" and "libertarians" now have in the federal government.

Comment

Sounds like Dems. "We need a wall" now, "we dont need a wall".

This is the dumbest **** Ive ever seen. People come here and we have stats that show 68% of aliens are on assistance.

If you had a water leak and your water bill was 300.00 a month would you try and fix the leak or just keep paying the high bill? Yeah it might cost you a bit to fix but over time it'll pay for itself.

All parties know this and all sides have said it needs to be fixed. Now Dems seem to have forgot they said these things. Amazing.

Comment

• Oh now it’s not a national emergency ?

Keep hiding behind them hoods and Skirts....

Comment

Working...
                      X